Tax and Financial Reporting Accountant
- The Whiting-Turner Contracting Company
- Towson, Maryland
- 70,000 - 85,000
- Closing date
- Feb 19, 2023
- Job Role
- Financial Accountant
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Level of qualification
The Whiting-Turner Contracting Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including the disabled and veterans.
The Whiting-Turner Contracting Company is seeking a detail-oriented individual for a Financial Reporting / Tax Accountant opportunity in our Towson, Maryland office. The person will assist with monthly and quarterly financial reporting, gather data and assist with the preparation of quarterly and annual income tax provisions, quarterly estimated tax payment computations, federal and state income tax return workpapers, and assist with ad hoc projects as needed.
- Gather information and assist with preparing quarterly and annual income tax provisions.
- Gather information and assist with preparing quarterly estimated tax payments.
- Assist preparing necessary workpapers for federal income tax returns.
- Assist preparing workpapers for state and local income tax returns.
- Whiting-Turner does business in just about every state in the US.
- Assist with preparing quarterly internal financial statements and providing financial information to project teams upon request.
- Coordinate return preparation with outside service providers.
- Assist with the tax return preparation process and ensure all returns are timely filed.
- Prepare miscellaneous state and local franchise tax returns and reports.
- Prepare various annual state and local property tax reports.
- Assist with gathering and providing information to complete annual secretary of state filings and state licensure applications and renewals.
- Assist with preparing employee benefit plan information and excise tax returns.
- Updating the company's tax calendar and information return filing calendar.
- Staying current on tax and accounting developments. Monitoring deliverables and ensuring timely completion of projects. Assisting leadership with ad hoc projects and analysis requested from time to time.
- Accounting degree, CPA preferred
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software and income tax compliance processes.
- Knowledge of accounting processes and the ability to gather financial and accounting information and research issues.
- Self-starter with effective communication skills to work on teams to address issues.
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills. Excellent documentation skills.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert