As a manufacturing firm, ACDi's biggest differentiator is our people. We're here to do more than simply build "widgets". Our people offer solutions to challenging design and product development issues and are passionate about hitting customer delivery schedules and exceeding expectations. We approach each project understanding that achieving the highest quality possible is required for every step of the electronics design, engineering, and manufacturing process. What we do day-in and day-out has a lasting, meaningful impact across many industries and in the lives of everyday people. At ACDi, we create a seismic measuring system that prevents people from getting stuck in elevators during an earthquake; we defend our nation by helping to build gun turrets for tanks, communication systems for troops, and military avionics; we support NASA programs with communications systems that converse with launched vehicles. We approach each project understanding that achieving the highest quality possible is required for every step of the electronics manufacturing process, because these projects help keep our country and people around the world safe, secure, and free.
- Five (5) weeks of PTO per year
- Eight (8) paid holidays per year
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage (first of the month following hire date)
- HSA & FSA Plans (with HSA employer contribution)
- Company-paid life insurance
- Supplemental insurance options
The Controller manages the daily accounting operations of the business and is responsible for the direct supervision of all corporate accounting functions and personnel in a multi-plant electronics manufacturing environment headquartered in Frederick, Maryland.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Hands on responsibility for all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements within an intensive cost accounting environment.
- Responsible for monthly Balance Sheet and Statement of Operations preparation.
- Responsible for maintaining internal controls and safeguards for receipt and disbursement of cash, acquisition and depreciation/amortization of fixed and intangible assets, and periodic audit of inventory cycle-counts.
- Oversight of new customer credit applications, existing customer credit increases, and initial and modified payment terms.
- Develop financial strategies by forecasting capital, facilities, and staff requirements; identifying monetary resources; and developing action plans.
- Coordinate annual review of Financial Statement and tax compliance with outside independent accounting firm.
- Interface with commercial lender and equipment financing personnel regarding monthly compliance requirements and documentation.
- Responsible for periodic production of financial analyses and historical metrics for presentation to senior management.
- Primary responsibility for managing annual budget process and providing monthly variance analyses.
- Assist in the achievement of budget objectives by scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Maintain appropriate levels of accounting staff by partnering with human resources to select, orient, and train employees as necessary.
- Maintain accounting staff job results through coaching, counseling, and corrective actions as well as planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Protect company operations by maintaining, and enforcing, strict confidentiality of financial information and plan.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, with at least 3 of those years in a Controller or Assistant Controller position.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment, with a full set of cost accounting skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or substantially equivalent experience.
- MBA or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification is strongly preferred. Alternative certifications will be considered, such as Certified Management Accountant (CMA).
- Strong working knowledge of accounting software, ERP systems, and MS Office. Company is transitioning to Epicor Kinetic at the end of Q1 2023.
- Prior experience leading an organization through time-sensitive projects and managing the process through completion.
- Proven experience building budgets, EBITDA forecasts and cash forecasts to guide and support executive management decision making.
- Solid GAAP and financial reporting technical skills.
- Identification of need for, and promotion of, business process improvement.
- Strong leadership, organizational, presentation, and communication skills.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/M/F/DISABILITY/VET