PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Determine and formulate policies and provide overall direction of the Finance organization within guidelines set up by a board of directors. Plan, direct, or coordinate operational activities at the highest level of management. Safeguarding of Company assets and accurate statement of financial position.Key Position Responsibilities:
PERSON SPECIFICATIONS:Qualifications/Experience required:
- Serve as Corporate Officer to represent the Company as needed in legal and tax matters; serve as primary signatory on Company contracts, tax, leases, annual reporting, etc.
- Serve as Trustee and Administrator for Company 401K plan; and work with financial advisor and third party administrator to ensure compliance and maximum benefit of plan assets.
- Maintain state level business registrations and ensure compliance with Secretary of State requirements in each jurisdiction.
- Negotiate or approve contracts or agreements with suppliers, distributors, federal or state agencies, or other organizational entities.
- Work with tax advisors and third parties on tax strategy, and to ensure compliance and filings are complete. This includes income tax, sales & use tax, and payroll withholding taxes.
- Serve as Administrator on all corporate bank accounts, maintain relationships with account management team, ensure maximum use of service offerings as applicable.
- Direct general accounting processes, including month-end close, and assist with financial analysis as needed to ensure accurate statement of financial position.
- Review monthly reconciliations and ensure timely resolution of reconciling items.
- Direct forecasting and budget activities to ensure completeness and well documented assumptions.
- Provide support to business units in all financial activities, including reporting, forecasting and analysis.
- Provide decision support and analysis for business units for new programs as needed.
- Provide guidance for new business processes and programs impacting accounting, to ensure proper treatment and processes are established.
- Direct accounting operations work in Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable to ensure optimal efficiency and productivity.
- Champion new automated tools to ensure successful implementation and usage by the business as required.
- Assist the team with escalations and communications to the business units.
- Guide the team to seek new opportunities to improve and automate processes.
- Drive continuous improvement efforts and assess processes for additional structure and changes to support the growing business.
- Work across global teams effectively to ensure solid coordination of key initiatives.
- Provide coaching and development to the team to ensure learning and growth is prioritized.
- Including any other duties not specified that may be required to complete the role, and as requested by the Reporting Manager.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience including knowledge and application of accounting and tax principles
- Experience in an accounting management or controller role
- Experience in general ledger accounting
- Experience in a financial, planning & analysis role
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Accounting
- MBA or CPA preferred but not required
- Strong knowledge of GAAP standards
- Knowledge of Sales & Use tax and Income tax principles
- Experience with SAP or other ERP systems
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications
- Innovative and continuous improvement mindset
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate financial information while working in a decentralized environment involving communication with remote sites
- Strong business acumen with ability to partner well and influence peer organizations
- Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines
- Effective organization and time management skills
Apply Now Share