We have permanent full-time positions available for Motor Assessors to join our assessing department in Melbourne Metro. This role will see you use your technical expertise to assess motor vehicles to ensure a fair and reasonable outcome for all relevant stakeholders involved in automotive claims.
Please Note: This position will require you to travel to different repair shops across different Melbourne Metro locations
In addition to all IAG benefits, we will provide you with a tool of trade vehicle in this role.
• Your key focus in the role will be to assess motor vehicle claims, inspecting damage and using your trade experience
• Determine repair costs as fair and reasonable, correct method of repair established and negotiating total loss settlements
• Customer service and people interaction are a large part of this role
• It is important that you're a team player with personable communication style, as we work collaboratively in office and in the field to ensure fair and reasonable outcomes
• At times you will act as a negotiator and problem solver for issues between IAG, our customers and repairers
Skills & Experience
• Possess relevant Australian motor vehicle trade qualification (Min Cert 3 in Panel Beating or Spray Painting or Mechanic)
• Demonstrate strong technical experience in the motor vehicle repair industry
• Must have full Australian driver's license
• Excellent customer focus, negotiation and communication skills
• Ability to perform collectively with peers in a team environment
• You will have strong fraud detection, decision making and conflict management skills
• Previous quoting or assessing experience within the smash repair industry would be an advantage
• Experience working as a motor assessor or working in the Motor Vehicle Repair Industry would be an advantage
At IAG, we live and work by our purpose to make your world a safer place. We are motivated by a unique culture that celebrates honesty, creativity, empathy, equity and collaboration. We call it the IAG way, and it means we all share a ‘ready for anything' mindset that sets the tone for positive actions and positive outcomes. We put heart into everything we do which guides us to create amazing things for our customers, our people and our communities.
We're brimming with ideas, ambition and a readiness to apply bold thinking and risk awareness to make a difference where it matters most.
As the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, we own some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI. We are ready for anything.
Ready for anything? Let's talk.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'! Applications close on 9th of December 2022.
IAG rewards and recognises its people with generous benefits, career development opportunities and real work-life balance. Employees also enjoy 13% superannuation, up to 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work programs, various corporate partner discounts and a people-focused culture that celebrates achievements big and small.
Creating a workforce that actively embraces diversity, inclusion and a sense of belonging is key to our success. We believe in treating everyone fairly which means that inclusion, removing barriers, striving for equity and embracing diversity are woven through our values and behaviours. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities and are committed to providing a work environment that enables you to thrive, whatever your circumstances. If we can provide support with access requirements, alternative work arrangements please advise us via your application.
IAG has committed to the reconciliation movement in Australia for First Nations people and focus on providing a safe and supportive work environment for all our employees. More information on our Reconciliation Action Plan can be found on our company website.
IAG Culture story