Manage a team of 2+ external reporting professionals.
Manage the external reporting process to the highest level of quality, including deliverables for investors and lenders. Manage certain technical accounting and reporting matters (e.g., equity, cash flows, and related party matters).
Lead process improvements in the area of external reporting, including controls over financial reporting, entity-level controls, and related party processes.CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the external financial reporting process, including preparation of the consolidated income statement, balance sheet, statement of equity, and statement of cash flows. Manage the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements, footnotes, and management%26rsquo;s discussion and analysis of results (MD&A). Manage GAAP to management and non-GAAP reconciliations, including reporting to senior leadership and other stakeholders. Review deliverables in detail to ensure the highest quality standard in financial reporting.
- Prepare and/or approve monthly close data, journal entries, and account reconciliation for certain technical accounting areas (e.g., equity accounting and related party balances). Analyze operating financials, interpret results and recommend a plan of action to improve the accounting process. Provide periodic monthly and quarterly schedules (to support internal and external reporting).
- Lead and contribute to large-scale projects to implement process improvements and internal controls for financial reporting (SOX 3-02), sub-certifications, and entity-level controls. Work cross functionally to manage change and enhance communications with stakeholders.
- Support new business initiatives, system integrations, and other major change management impacting financial statements and related systems. Liaise with corporate accounting and global reporting/consolidations as needed on financial reporting matters. Assist with the implementation of an external financial reporting tool.
- Represent Medline interests to internal and external parties through preparation and/or review of key deliverables - e.g., CFO and divisional leadership interactions, FP&A/tax/treasury partnership, and presentations/schedules for leadership, sponsors, lenders, tax authorities, auditors, and other stakeholders. Prepare and/or review bridges for management to GAAP reporting and non-GAAP measures.
- Manage the external audit process globally, providing project management and leadership across finance.
- Management responsibilities:
- Typically manages individual contributors
- Oversee certain projects/programs/outcomes
- Interpret and execute policies for departments/projects; develop, recommend and implement new policies or modifications to existing policies
- Provide general guidelines and parameters for staff functioning
- Hiring staff, recommending pay increases, performing performance reviews, training and development of staff, estimating personnel needs, assigning work, meeting completion dates, interpreting and ensuring consistent application of organizational policies
Please be aware that Medline requires all employees starting in this position to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated by their start date. Medline is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodations to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated for COVID-19 consistent with federal, state, and local law.Education
Certification / Licensure
- Bachelor%26rsquo;s degree in accounting, finance, or business
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- At least 5 years of accounting experience, at least 2 years focused on financial reporting, consolidations, or technical accounting.
- Experience at a public company with SEC reporting requirements (or public accounting experiences with listed clients).
- Experience working with a consolidation system (Tagetik, Oracle EPM, BPC).
- Experience applying advanced knowledge level of accounting practices, controls, and systems.
- Strong technical accounting acumen, with proven ability to perform complex accounting research and analysis.
- Master%26rsquo;s degree in Accounting strongly preferred.
- Experience at a multi-national manufacturer/distribution company.
- Experience at a large, global company with multiple legal entities and a complex consolidation structure.
- Experience with an external reporting tool (e.g., Workiva%26rsquo;s Wdesk platform).
- Experience with cash flow statement preparation/review.
- Experience executing change management.
- Experience leading projects and cross-functional collaboration.
- Experience coaching, mentoring, and training staff.