About the job
We are currently recruiting a Senior Credit Analyst to support the BAU sales tender activity. This is a key role within our credit and will be responsible for limiting the bad debt risk through enforcement of the credit risk policy and thorough analysis and understanding of the customer portfolio.
The Senior Credit Risk Analyst is responsible for limiting the bad debt risk through the strict enforcement of the credit risk policy for new and renewal business and also analysis of current/previous customers to identity key issues and trends. The role involves the management of credit risk processes across a variety of sales channels including detailed credit analysis, relationship management, portfolio analysis and credit insurance.
The role will provide highly detailed Credit reports that are clear and concise paper with an understanding of what the risks for this business are and the mitigations. This will be working on our major business portfolio and will deal with individual transactions between 1 to 50 million.
The role involves the management of credit risk processes across a variety of sales channels including detailed credit analysis, relationship management, portfolio analysis, and credit insurance management.
It’s an exciting time to join TotalEnergies as we continue to expand the business to become a leading international player in renewable energies. There is a commitment to net-zero and an aim to become one of the world’s largest renewable energy companies by the end of this decade.
It's our people that make TotalEnergies an incredible place to work. You will have the opportunity to be part of a successful credit team. We will support growth and career development by providing opportunities to learn new skills and to work with a range of experienced professionals across different functions.Role Details
Bonus Incentive of up to 20%Location:
Redhill or Newcastle
Contract type: Permanent
Working Pattern: Hybrid - 3 days from office and 2 days from homeBenefits
Pension Contributions up to 15%
Company share scheme
Annual Leave 28 days, plus bank holidays
Private Medical Health and Dental Care
Ride to Work Scheme
Employee Assistance Programme
Positive work-life balance with hybrid working arrangements
An inclusive culture in which everyone can express and develop their potential
The opportunity to give back to the local community by spending three days a year volunteeringActivities
Qualifications / experience required
- Responsibility for credit vetting of all new and renewal business proposals in line with agreed SLA and DOA process.
- Management of the bulk renewals and bespoke advances renewal processes
- Produce monthly statistical analysis and reporting on all credit vetting activities including adherence, acceptance and declined rates.
- Continually strive to improve the vetting process considering accuracy, speed, quality of service and reporting.
- Assist Credit Risk Manager in implementing changes to the Credit Policy and internal processes.
- Work with key functions such as Change of Occupancy and Credit Collections providing them with up-to-date information on sectors or specific accounts
- Complete monthly financial control audits on various areas of the business
- Provide training when required on different aspects of Credit Risk to other departments of the business
- Produce specific detailed customer reviews where required
- Review and propose accounts for self insurance
- Review all adverse insurance decisions and if required submit appeals on behalf of TEGP
- Support the effective management of the insurance processes
- Manage the high-risk ledger and assist credit control team in the resolution of specific issues
- Generate bespoke credit solutions and work on basket opportunities
- Attend sales or customer meetings to resolve credit issues when required
- Manage all ad hoc requests into the Credit Risk inbox
- Provide credit expertise to sales when required to assist with securing new business
The successful candidate will have experience in a fast-paced environment, and have exceptional attention to detail. Furthermore, you will be a team player who can communicate with colleagues with logical problem-solving abilities.
About the company
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar credit risk management role
- Energy industry experience ideal but not essential
- Qualified to degree level ideally or a minimum of A Level in a relevant subject
- Previous commercial underwriting above £1m per individual transaction and delegation of authority at a similar level
- Experience of data analysis, manipulation and reporting
- Credit Assurance preferred
- High level of Excel skills required
TotalEnergies Gas & Power is one of the leading energy suppliers to industrial, commercial, and business customers within the UK. TotalEnergies is committed to net-zero and aims to become one of the world’s largest renewable energy companies by the end of this decade.
TotalEnergies Gas & Power is the largest gas supplier and third largest electricity supplier in the B2B market. and part of the one of world’s leading Energy companies.
We have integrated climate change into our strategy and target 25 GW of renewable generation capacity in 2025. We will continue to expand our business to become a leading international player in renewable energies.
Our Vision is to be the UK's most trusted energy supplier and to deliver what we promise.Diversity and Inclusion
One of our values is respect for each other. Creating an inclusive environment in which everyone
can express and develop their potential, from the moment they are hired and throughout their career, means ensuring that all our employees have the same opportunity to succeed, regardless of origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or affiliation with a political, religious, union, organization or minority group.
This is our vision of diversity, which is an asset for our Group as well as for the individuals who embody it. Preserving and promoting this asset is another part of being a responsible employer