Due to embarking on a period of growth, we are looking to recruit an Assistant Accountant to join our welcoming and expanding Finance Team. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with AAT qualifications and/or partial CIMA/ACCA qualifications who is a true team player and desires to develop a successful career within an organisation that values the future of its employees.
The successful candidate will assist the Finance Manager during key month-end processes and provide technical support to other members of the larger finance teams, utilising their accounting knowledge and system expertise.
What you'll be doing.
* Balance sheet reconciliations
* VAT return submissions for the group
* Heavy involvement with regular stock takes
* Ad-hoc cover for purchase ledger and payroll teams
* Assist in the creation of new procedures and processes to drive automation improvements
* Develop good working relationships across all departments
* Drive opportunities to add further value to the customers, team & wider business
* Ensure knowledge share & best practice are common practice
* Challenge the status quo, acting as a positive role for innovation
* Ensure correct procedures and processes are followed within the Finance team but also externally within the wider business
* Take personal responsibility for and actively engage in the finance team and the on-going projects
What you'll bring
* AAT Qualified and/or part qualified in CIMA/ACCA with a commitment to furthering your own personal development
* Proficient understanding of excel
* Excellent understanding and a good level of competency of good practice in the end-to-end processes of finance functions
* Able to communicate a complicated problem succinctly, accurately, and coherently to a team with different skill sets
* Strong problem-solving nature, with the ability to examine a problem and involve the appropriate people at the appropriate time
* Able to lead by example and participate in group activities and knowledge sharing with other team members, guiding others, and expanding their knowledge base
* Commercial awareness, understanding the wider impact of making decisions across the department and the business
* Be an effective manager of your own time along with exceptional attention to detail
* Enjoy working in a fast paced and energetic environment
* Excellent verbal and written communication
* Organisation, numeracy, and a structured approach to work
* A team player who can work with diverse areas within Node4
* A positive, can-do attitude
Why join Node4?
Recognised as one of the UK’s 100 Best Workplaces™ by Great Place to Work®, Node4 is an innovative Managed Services Provider, offering IT infrastructure and services, all flexibly deployed across our own infrastructure fabric and the public cloud.
We provide a range of solutions, including cloud services to support hybrid and multi-cloud models, connectivity, data services, collaboration, and security. This enables us to help UK businesses in every sector do more in the digital age.
Work for Node4 and you will be part of a friendly, supportive culture focused on delivering Exceptional Service as a Standard (ESaaS) to our customers – and one another