At Next we have a fantastic opportunity for a Qualified Accountant to join our Finance Operations team in Leicestershire as a Travel and Expenses Accountant.
Working in our dynamic Finance Team you’ll be responsible for our travel and expense operation on Concur and helping us to manage expenditure, while efficiently controlling unprocessed expenses. As part of this you’ll take ownership of all relevant reporting, forecasting, compliance, budgeting and reconciliations. You will carry out detailed analysis and allocation for all employee travel related costs, while also carefully reviewing and managing corporate credit card expenditure. You will also be responsible for our VAT reclaims process management, including audits and reviews. A key point of contact for all travel and expense queries, you will help to produce a detailed Business policy and deliver tailored training programmes.
This is a great opportunity for a qualified accountant who is highly analytical and a brilliant communicator who can present information clearly to a variety of stakeholders.
About the role:
- Analyse and allocate employee travel related costs of c. £21m spend p.a.
- Review and manage corporate credit card expenditure of c. £10m spend p.a.
- Produce and review monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- VAT reclaims process management including audit and review
- Monthly reporting, forecasting and budgeting
- Produce and maintain Business Travel & Expense policy, ensuring compliance and delivering tailored training.
- Be responsible for analysing travel data for inclusion in the group’s carbon footprint reporting
- Manage the production and distribution of exception reporting and MI to senior management and directors in order to control spend and monitor compliance.
- A key interface for the business in all travel and expense related matters including issue resolution and queries
- Manage 2 indirect reports including staff development and training
- A qualified accountant, with proven technical, business and financial skills.
- You will be highly analytical with the ability to expertly manage and interpret large volumes of complex data.
- A natural problem solver with a logical approach to finding solutions, be able to make confident and well-reasoned decisions, using your technical expertise to challenge and improve our systems processes.
- An assertive and persuasive communicator, able to quickly build productive relationships throughout the business and externally.
- A confident presenter with the ability to lead discussions and actively promote business improvements.
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking