Kantar is the world’s leading data, insights, and consulting company. We understand more about how people think, feel, shop, share, vote and view than anyone else. Combining our expertise in human understanding with advanced technologies. Kantar’s 25,000 people based in more than 100 countries help the world’s leading organisations succeed and grow. Nobody knows people better than Kantar. We provide insight and inspiration to help our clients, our people and society to create and flourish in an extraordinary world.
Our media colleagues are expert in understanding the changing media landscape. This includes audience measurement, consumer targeting and in-depth intelligence into paid, owned and earned media. Their global coverage and local expertise enable clients to better understand media audiences and their relationships with brands to optimise investment.
Finance Business Partner Analyst
Competitive Full time/Permanent Role Description
This is an exciting role reporting directly to Finance Business Partner – within the Product & Operations team; providing insight, challenge, strategic support, and analysis to the business to enable them to take informed decisions and actions that drive the best financial outcomes in terms of:
Job Role Requirements
- Profitable growth and EBITDA
- Greater emphasis on working capital and cashflow
- Improved robust balance sheet management
- Data driven decision making
- Better rigour through forward looking views improving transparency and predictability
- Better budgetary management on the cost base
Understanding the business, shaping, and managing performance, and business reporting
- Assist with the analysis and interpretation of financial trends using standard models and analysis to support strategy, theory, and ideas
- Provide commentary on key performance drivers and early warning to management as material variances are detected and recommend actions, interventions to close performance gaps
- Provide insight from the analysis on job and contract profitability and an understanding of the drivers of growth and efficiency
- Originate and present analysis to help management understand financial trends and opportunities
- Support the improvement of cost management on jobs, and Commercial teams to provide challenge on cost efficiencies
- Collate information and develop insights to aid decision-makers in improving revenue, GM and profitability on domains, customer, jobs, product or OpCo (e.g., utilisation and resource allocation)
- Liaise with Client Service where there are job related queries, providing access to necessary job data
- Support the business in continued improvement in, and tracking of, net working capital
- Provide guidance to C&A on value assumptions applicable for judgemental accruals in line with corporate policy
- Support product leaders on ad hoc basis
Deliver on business priorities - Investments, business case and cost take out scenarios
- The ideal candidate will be organised, proactive and able to work using own initiative with a desire to assist the smaller broadcasters in providing accurate data
- You will be client focused, wanting to provide an excellent service to users of the BARB service
- You will be curious, persevering to understand an issue fully, digging deeper into the data
- Good written communication skills
- An excellent eye for detail and high levels of accuracy
- Comfortable with learning and using software packages
- You will have a flexible approach to work and enjoy working as part of a team
- You will be able to juggle multiple tasks, working on several projects or queries at one time
- Interested in media (specifically television) and looking to progress a career in audience measurement
- Proficient in MS Office especially Outlook and Excel
Delivering and supporting business strategy and leading the Planning, Budgeting & Forecasting process
- Provide Finance support and constructive challenge for strategies and execution
- Track and report through to savings and benefits realisation
- Champion a cost-conscious culture
- Support continuous improvement initiatives
- Be a change advocate and champion
- Assist with consolidation of monthly accounts, budget packs and re-forecast packs
- Submit upload into reporting system on time and to quality
- Prepare first pass monthly reporting analysis of actual vs comparators, including explanations of material differences and impact of business drivers to budget/forecast
- Ensuring management information systems have the appropriate information to support the business in the self-serve model
- Support in production of monthly management reporting
- Work with the business and facilitate business input into the budgeting and forecasting process
- Maintain strategic focus on order book by proactively evaluating order trends and sales pipeline.
- Determine priorities and interventions to improve conversion rates to drive future revenue and profitability
- Supports Business Partners to ensure relevant standard KPI’s are set for bonus and commission schemes
- Collaborate with Business Partners to classify, quantify business risks by providing reliable, accurate, comparable, and timely information
- Support the preparation of the standard budget review pack
At Kantar we have an integrated way of rewarding our people based around a simple, clear and consistent set of principles. Our approach helps to ensure we are market competitive and to support a pay for performance culture, where your reward and career progression opportunities are linked to what you deliver.
We go beyond the obvious, using intelligence, passion, and creativity to inspire new thinking and shape the world we live in. Apply for a career that’s out of the ordinary and join us.
We want to create an equality of opportunity in a fair and supportive working environment where people feel included, accepted, and are allowed to flourish in a space where their mental health and wellbeing is taken into consideration. We want to create a more diverse community to expand our talent pool, be locally representative, drive diversity of thinking and better commercial outcomes.
At Kantar, the diversity of our employees provides a richer environment for our employees and broader depth and breadth of thinking for our clients. Kantar is committed to inclusion and diversity; therefore, we welcome applications from all sections of society and do not discriminate based on age, race, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Privacy and Legal Statement