In-House Head of Operational Tax, Financial ServicesReference:-
100000 to 100000Job
LondonIn-House Head of Operational TaxFlexible & hybrid office/home-working modelCompetitive package, including 30% bonus + benefits
An instantly recognizable financial institution is hiring an (In-House) Head of Operational Tax. The successful candidate will report directly to the Senior Tax Director and manage a small tax team, working cross-functionally with the operational, risk and wider business units. This position will also manage ongoing relations with outsourced service providers and tax authorities. This is an exciting opportunity with key responsibilities spanning the following areas:
- Oversight of compliance and reporting. This involves ensuring that operational tax regulatory obligations are upheld and that reporting to policyholders, tax authorities and advisors is accurate. Additionally overseeing enquiries, checks, and audit activities to this end.
- Business as usual (advisory). This involves providing first-line support to operational colleagues across a myriad of business projects as they relate to operational/policyholder taxes. The successful candidate will guide day-to-day guidance on queries that arise from business units, applying technical expertise and practical input to manage tax risks in both a proactive and reactive fashion.
- Change management (internal). This relates to managing legislative developments and implementing necessary modifications/enhancements into pre-existing business processes. This includes projects which arise from acquisitions and maintaining a best-in-class tax operational tax function.
- Change management (external). This relates to taking a leading role within industry by championing organisational interests via industry association bodies, lobbying for necessary changes to benefit the function and customer.
We are looking for the following CV attributes:
- Strong operational tax knowledge (AEOI, FATCA, CRS) with a background in the financial services (essential)
- Pensions product & regulation/tax legislation knowledge (essential)
- Life product & regulation tax legislation knowledge (advantageous)
- ISA & related systems experience (advantageous)
- The right to work permanently in the UK without sponsorship requirements (essential)
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following skills & abilities:
- Communication and senior stakeholder management skills
- The ability to lead and inspire a small team of operational tax managers
- Able to prioritise a varied workload, attending to granular detail where necessary while continually maintaining a 'bigger picture' focus
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.