My client is a Forex & CFD Brokerage regulated in multiple global jurisdictions.
This role requires the individual to lead the Client Money and Finance teams. It requires a strong leader who has experience and knowledge of FCA regulation and can effectively streamline complex processes and implement a robust control environment. The individual will be responsible for all aspects of finance across three businesses, two regulated (UK & Offshore) and one support operation (Cyprus).
The business is growing quickly as it expands into a broader range of products and strategies, and it is expected that this individual will form part of the core team that will manage and develop this expansion.
* Maintain rigorous control over costs
* Construct and monitor reliable financial control systems
* Support the control and reporting of Company initiatives and projects
* Review and submission of FCA regulatory returns as required and monitoring of regulatory capital requirement on an ongoing basis
* Ensure regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met regarding all the Company’s financial affairs, including FCA reporting and managing Company policies regarding regulatory capital requirements.
* Processing the monthly payments for payroll on a timely basis
* Maintain relationship with external auditors – managing their requests and ensuring that all relevant information is made available to them, investigating any recommendations and/or findings
* Maintain and enhance the Company’s finance policies
* Ensure record keeping and procedures comply with regulatory requirements- auditors, government agencies and FCA inclusive.
* Prepare, maintain and submit for annual approval the company’s ICAAP; ILAA and the Pillar 3 disclosures
* To review and approve the reconciliations for all client money in and out of the Company
* If any regulatory breaches were to occur ensure the root cause is identified, the breach is correctly documented, and measures are put in place to prevent a repeat breach
* Ensuring that there are adequate controls around client money to ensure there is no misappropriation
* To Chair the monthly CASS Committee and produce appropriate and timely MI
* To be responsible for all procedures and policies and ensuring these are kept up to date
* To report any suspicions of market abuse (including any suspicion of insider dealing) to Compliance.
* Reporting of any suspicion of money laundering, terrorism financing or any criminal activity to the MLRO.
* Review and submit the monthly CMAR return
* Responsible for the annual CASS audit
Skills and competencies
* Attention to detail
* Proficient in Excel
* Proficient in both oral and written communication