With over 35 nationalities and a range of backgrounds represented in our Benevolent team, we aim to build an inclusive environment where our people can bring their authentic selves to work, be respected for who they are and the exceptional work they do. We welcome and actively encourage applications from all sections of society and are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, disability, age, citizenship, or any other basis. We see our diversity as an asset as we tackle challenging problems that bridge the gap between drug discovery and technology.The Role
The successful candidate will join an FP&A team which sits at the core of the business, supporting a wide range of stakeholders to make business-critical decisions across Drug Discovery, Product & Technology and Business Operations. The main focus of the role would be to contribute to the monthly management account preparation and provide excellent Business Partnering support for the business. The role reports to the Director of FP&A alongside another Analyst.Primary Responsibilities
- Management Accounts – Preparation of sections of the consolidated monthly Management Accounts and preparing variance analysis, reviewed with Director of FP&A.
- Monthly Cost Analysis - Detailed analysis of costs by function, variance analysis and insight generation.
- Financial Business Partnering - Support the functional heads of departments with all financial issues. Support will include budget management, insight generation and business plan delivery. The goal is to add value to the rest of the business and make Finance Business Partnering indispensable.
- Finance Operations – Embodying a ‘one finance’ mentality, ensuring that Finance can respond holistically to the needs of the business, across FP&A, Reporting and Operations. Working with the Financial Operations team to ensure optimal data structuring for core financial models and Finance systems.
- Business Planning – Engaging with Budget holders to assist them with their submissions and ensuring they are in line with the Group’s OKRs. Assistance with preparation of Financial Plan documents.
- Financial Modelling – Preparation of financial models and ad hoc analysis to assist with key business decisions and corporate development.
- Continuous Process Improvement – Supporting and in some cases leading process improvement work streams both internal to finance and externally with Business Partners and driving efficiency and alignment through process optimisation.
We are looking for someone with
- Unique and Ad Hoc Projects - There are numerous initiatives to get involved with in a scaling business like ours, which means that any two days are rarely the same. Responsibilities can evolve over time in response to changing priorities and provide an opportunity to develop a wide breadth of experience.
- Newly qualified (ACA, ACCA, CFA, CIMA etc) or with one year of post-qualification experience.
- Ideally have Pharma/ BioTech experience, with exposure to an FP&A role, including FP&A system solutions either via operating or ideally as part of an evaluation/ implementation.
- A highly motivated individual who can communicate well at all levels with finance and non-finance individuals. Can adapt and embrace change in a fast-moving and challenging environment.
- Advanced skills in Excel, and experience with data structuring, manipulation and visualisation principles and tools are core to this role, with advanced tools such as PowerQuery, PowerBI and Tableau being a notable advantage.
- Familiarity with ERP systems such as Netsuite Planning and Budgeting, Adaptive Insights, Anaplan or others would be an advantage.
BenevolentAI (AMS: BAI) is a leading, clinical-stage AI-enabled drug discovery and development company listed on the Euronext Amsterdam stock exchange. Through the combined capabilities of its AI platform, scientific expertise, and wet-lab facilities, BenevolentAI is well-positioned to deliver novel drug candidates with a higher probability of clinical success than those developed using traditional methods. The Benevolent Platform™ powers a growing in-house pipeline of 13 named drug programmes and over 10 exploratory programmes, and it maintains successful collaborations with AstraZeneca, as well as leading research and charitable institutions. BenevolentAI is headquartered in London, with a research facility in Cambridge (UK) and a further office in New York.
We share a passion for being part of a mission that matters, and we are always looking for curious and collaborative people who share our values and want to be part of our journey. If that sounds like a fit for you, hit the ‘apply' button and join us.Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our Glassdoor page to learn about our benefits, culture and to find out what our team thinks about life at Benevolent. You can also find out more about us on LinkedIn and Twitter.