AAB is a tech-enabled business critical services group, providing services that help businesses at every stage of the lifecycle, helping them manage the critical elements that make businesses tick – their people and their finances.
AAB are focused on people. They believe in the resilience of the human spirit; that with bravery, hard work and perseverance, people can accomplish amazing things. AAB are human, passionate, bold, motivational, positive, empathetic, driven and straight-talking.
At AAB we pride ourselves on providing everyone with an inspiring career opportunity. Our culture keeps the layers simple and the relationship personal. We know that our success is down to one thing, our people, and we make sure looking after our people is at the heart of everything we do.
Does AAB sound like a good fit for you? We currently have an opening for a Payroll Senior Manager to join our Payroll team.
Payroll Senior Manager (Across Scotland)
Purpose of the role/key
• Liaise with other departments to agree timescales and plan performance of work; act to ensure delivery
by agreed deadline with other departments and to clients
• Project management of implementations for client on boarding, including implementations, client
engagements, money laundering, resourcing and risk management
• Detailed awareness of the commercial team performance, analysing and controlling resource utilisation
and commercials and striving to achieve and exceed department and firm budgets
• Provide support to clients and IES Department to effectively manage escalated challenges highlighted
by the team brining a satisfactory close for both the client and the team
• Oversee and manage responses and outputs to clients ensuring technical guidance and support
communicated to clients is technically accurate and supportive of the client’s needs
• Play an active role in planning for the future, contributing to strategic planning and decisions around
technology, delivery growth, tactical plan and continuous improvement
• Undertakes detailed technical research of an advanced nature on an ad-hoc basis and deliver clearly
at client meetings or in written form, having due regard for risk
Experience and skill set required for the role:
• Previous experience of working in a similar role
• Expertise in technical compliance and advisory work
• Experience of working to tight deadlines
• Experience of handling a client portfolio with strong client engagement
• Experience of leadership, delegation and managing teams
• Experience of networking and business development
• Working knowledge of relevant legislation and industry best practice