We are currently recruiting for a Management Accountant within our Bath office. The purpose of this role is to work with Finance Partner to develop and maintain financial policies, financial management standards and management information systems. Utilise management information to support key stakeholders to deliver superior financial performance. Support strategic decision-making through preparation and analysis of financial and business information. Act as a super-user for the practice management system, providing a point of contact for all data and reporting requests.
• Develop and implement a new set of automated management information dashboards to assist the business in understanding financial information.
• Review current systems to streamline, automate and improve financial reporting functionality.
• Manage requests for data and analysis from the business, providing accurate, relevant and user-friendly reports.
• Support the planning and implementation of new Practice Management System.
• Assisting in the preparations of budgets and on accordance with agreed principles and timescales and the monitoring of costs.
• Support the development and implementation of key financial and business performance KPIs which accurately and effectively monitor business performance.
• Assisting with monthly cash flow projections
• Analyse financial performance and contribute to department business planning and forecasts
• Effective communication of financial performance priorities, actions and recommendations.
• Keep abreast of the developments of the legal market and wider economy and work closely with the Finance Partner & Managing Partner to build financial models for future growth.
• Support the development of pricing strategies and models for new business opportunities.
• Analysis of profitability and pricing support for business units, sectors and key clients
• Tender support and profitability analysis
• Providing support for annual audits
• Adhoc finance projects and reporting
Skills, Experience and Attributes
Educated to degree level or equivalent
• 3 to 5 years’ experience as a CIMA or ACCA qualified or equivalent accountant
• Key software including Microsoft BI, Advanced Excel
• Practice management systems- Elite Enterprise or equivalent
• Previous experience within a legal or professional services environment is essential
We’re RWK Goodman – a Top 100 Law Firm with ambitious plans for growth; committed to providing the best opportunities for our people and making a real difference for our clients and communities. Our vision is to be the law firm that clients want to work with and people want to work for.
We know our people are our greatest asset and are committed to creating a positive environment where colleagues can thrive and fulfil their potential. As part of this, we give you the power to own your own development, supporting you to drive your career in the direction you want to take it and celebrating your success along the way.
A career with us also means you will be looked after. We keep a keen eye on your personal well-being and support your learning and development. Our team is open and approachable, making it easy to develop your specialist knowledge, expand your network of key contacts, and advance up our career ladder.
Our people are experts in their field, so joining our team means you’ll be part of our network of diverse and talented colleagues, get to work at the forefront of our industry, and have exposure to high quality work.
If this sounds like somewhere you’ll thrive, get in touch, we’d love to hear from you