Group Accounts Payable Manager| Kent/Hybrid| £40k - £50k DOE
A fast paced; highly acquisitive private equity backed business based in Kent has a vacancy for a Group Accounts Payable Manager to join their growing organisation. The main purpose of the role is to lead the Accounts Payable and Expenses teams, delivering the service to support the Finance Team and business in paying all non-payroll expenditure for the group.
The organisation offer a Hybrid work pattern of 4 days in the office and 1 from home.
- Managing a team of approximately 8 colleagues including supervision, appraisals, training, and other line management responsibilities.
- Implementing and monitoring standard procedures and improving the internal control environment across the team.
- Managing the month end process for accounts payable, expenses, credit cards and petty cash to ensure that deadlines are met with all applicable accounts being reconciled and signed off.
- Building relationships with key suppliers and the group procurement team.
- Overseeing the purchase ledger function, ensuring all invoices are processed and payment runs are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensuring all supplier statements are fully reconciled on a monthly basis.
- Improving the purchase ledger and staff expenses function by introducing new systems and reporting processes.
- Implementation of Purchase Order to Payment process across the group.
- Approvals of bank payments in line with group policies.
- Working closely with the management accounting teams to support accurate reporting for the group.
- Supporting the Year End and interim audit processes as required.
- Using effective metrics to provide meaningful reporting to the Director of Financial Control to aid monitoring the performance of the team.
- Staying informed of changes in financial regulations and legislation as applicable to the team.
You will need
- A proven track record of managing and developing successful financial operations teams & experience of managing a centralised function in a multi-site environment
- Good communicator with strong interpersonal skill and emotional intelligence
- Able to work autonomously and flexibly
- Positive enthusiastic approach with a can-do attitude
- Working knowledge of VAT.
- Excellent organisation skills
- Good Excel and all-round IT skills
- Able to demonstrate achieving success in a deadline driven environment and commitment to continuous improvement.