Financial Crime Manager is required for a leading accountancy firm to ensure the firm complies with all its Financial Crime obligations. This is a non-client-facing role and requires experience working as a Financial Crime Manager (internal financial crime, not for a client) at another accountancy firm or law firm.
The Financial Crime Manager will report to the Deputy MLRO and MLRO and will be responsible for six Financial Crime Associates, so direct line management experience is required.
Duties and responsibilities of the Financial Crime Manager:
- Overseeing the CDD, policies and procedures and acting as an escalation point for complex financial crime-related queries.
- Managing a growing team of Financial Crime professionals. Enhancing the Financial Crime team’s capability and supporting their career development
- Creating, maintaining, and improving Financial Crime policies and procedures, including responding to changes in Financial Crime regulations
- Advise Partners and teams on existing and new sanctions compliance matters impacting the Firm
- Managing all SAR referrals
- Supporting, and in part leading, a current improvement programme which will enhance the use of Financial Crime technology and central resources to improve efficiency whilst maintaining compliance with relevant regulations;
- Proactively identifying areas of Financial Crime risk where further mitigation may be needed and acting to address them;
- Leading role in all other Financial Crime requirements, such as training, monitoring, and;
- Forging strong relationships and ongoing dialogue with MLROs/FCC teams in the offshore businesses.
- Any other ad-hoc Financial Crime related activities/duties
- Extensive Financial Crime of Money Laundering Regulations, Proceeds of Crime Act, and related guidance for the Accounting Sector;
- Experience in overseeing compliance with Financial Crime regulations, including having had oversight of CDD procedures;
- The ability to assess risk and form opinions of the acceptability of a client, considering both AML risk and broader risk to the firm;
- A thorough understanding of the services offered by an Accountancy firm;
- A proven ability to balance the need for compliance with all appropriate regulations with an ability to work commercially and pragmatically; and
- An experienced team leader who is focused on helping others to develop
There is one Assistant Manager and five analysts in the team delivering Financial Crime Compliance services: reviewing and approving new prospective client relationships.
The London office is situated in the City, home to more than 40 partners and over 350 members of staff.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.
If you would like this job advertisement in an alternative format, please contact MERJE directly.