Rapidly expanding global recruitment and global mobility group is looking to an in-house accountant to head up the accounts function in the London office but very much with an international focus.
The role has exciting scope for career progression and will challenge an ambitious individual in ensuring that the accounts function is operating effectively and efficiently today but also fit for purpose for the current rate of growth, whilst concurrently managing the execution of tax and compliance issues in multiple jurisdictions including Germany, Holland, Singapore, India, Bolivia, USA.
The ideal candidate will have solid experience in hands-on management of an accounts function including dealing with international payroll and managing external suppliers.
A recruitment, payroll, international umbrella or global mobility background is preferred but not essential.
You will work closely with the executive board to execute the business plan with a view to progressing to a more senior role and helping to also shape the strategic direction of the business.
Although a broad role some basic duties are outlined below:
• Creating and establishing processes & a board pack for the management team
• Management Accounts – Review of P+L and Maintenance of Balance sheet
• Growing a lean and productive finance function
• Manage day to day finance departmental operations, including overseeing bookkeeping, paying suppliers and setting up and executing good credit control procedures.
• Aligning bookkeeping with commercial reporting needs and adapting policies and procedures as the business evolves.
• Oversight of VAT, Payroll and Pensions
• Preparing budgets and integrating relevant business plans. Produce monthly variance analysis against the budget with commentary to the board.
• Work with external accountants in global locations to ensure international compliance
• Assist with building new global payroll solutions.
• Provide internal controls
• Manage all FX requirements including
• Ensure value for money from all suppliers and source new suppliers of payroll / accountancy services where required.