A globally recognised Insurance business is looking for a high calibre FP&A Manager to join the commercial finance team that is undergoing significant change and improvement.
Managing the production of the annual budget, periodic forecast and management information across the business, it involves working with the most senior leaders to provide strategic insight, analysis and challenge to drive better decision making and optimise financial performance. Key Accountabilities:
- Managing the budgeting and forecasting processes and cycles across the Business including:
- Developing and providing regular value-added management information to senior management to enable effective decision making to maximise financial performance
- Establishing clear principles and timetables to support the business in setting budgets and forecasts
- Challenging the business on the robustness of budget and forecast assumptions to ensure financial performance is optimised
- Translating company wide targets into financial metrics to aid the achievement of objectives
- Produce material to support the presentation of the budgets/plans and forecasts to the Executive Committee, Audit Committee, Board, Rating Agencies, Regulators and other stakeholders.
- Management of the team responsible for the production of frequent management information to enable the business to assess performance against budgets and forecasts and discuss these with relevant executive committee members to assess whether remedial actions are needed.
- Provide commercial insight and analysis of results, identifying underlying trends and challenging the business on performance
- Building and maintaining strong relationships across the business, being recognised as a trusted and reliable source of commercial insight and effective management information.
To succeed in this role you must be comfortable coming into a team which is in of a state of transition and be able to help the team fulfil their potential in an environment of change. Experience of being involved in projects would also be highly beneficial, particularly around system automation (namely Workday & Anaplan) a target of having this completed ideally by end of 2023. This experience will ideally have been gained in a banking or other Financial Service environment.