We are looking for a Business Advisory Manager to join our team in either Tayside/Edinburgh/Stirling.
We are looking to add to our specialist Rural/Agriculture team within accountancy in our Business Advisory team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for working closely with the team and Firm's Client Relationship Managers, specialising in the agriculture sector to support the relevant clients grow their business.
As specialists in the agriculture sector, acting for more than 2,000 farming clients across Scotland, we understand the issues which our customers face and the support they need to meet their business objectives. We’re here to help farmers and agriculture businesses whether they need support with accounts or advisory services.
The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for:
- Planning and managing the timely and profitable completion of a portfolio of client work which may include year end and management accounts, corporate and personal tax returns, VAT returns, management accounts, budgets and forecasts for selected clients, liaising with Client Relationship Managers and Specialists across the business where required
- Review of assistants/seniors work, providing feedback and coaching thereon
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients, contacts and colleagues
- Engaging and consulting actively with our Specialists, co-ordinating their involvement in advisory work and identifying cross-selling opportunities
- Dealing with ad-hoc client queries, telephone calls and meetings
- Portfolio management duties including, client take on, fee preparation and WIP/debt management
We are looking for forward thinking individuals who can embrace technology and have strong IT skills with experience in using accounts and tax software packages. Candidates will ideally be ICAS/ACCA qualified, or with similar levels of experience . Candidates will be required to have a good working knowledge of clients accounting systems such as Sage and Xero. Extensive experience in dealing with corporate and unincorporated accounts required, with Agricultural and / or Fishing experience preferred but not essential.
This role would be ideal for a candidate looking to take the next step in their career whether currently in Business Advisory or someone with relevant and transferable skills and experience looking to make a transition. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, the ability to prioritise workload, an unwavering attention to detail, solid technical knowledge and the ability to liaise with staff and clients at all levels effectively.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to join a growing Firm with the future potential of managing their own client list.