A Senior Financial Accountant is required by our client a Fresh Produce company based in Kent for a 6-9 Month contract. Reporting directly to the Finance Director, the purpose of this role is to have overall control and responsibility for transactional processing in Sales Ledger, Purchasing Ledger and Cash management. Leading financial rigour in these areas through adherence to financial controls to mitigate risk. A key element of the role is to ensure that financial systems are robust and compliant, supporting current activities and future growth through continuous improvement and change management. It will be under your remit to ensure preparation, completeness and timeliness of accurate financial information to meet external stakeholder deadlines; including but not limited to VAT returns, EC sales, Intrastate and Office of National Statistics returns. You will also be responsible for the reconciliation of inter-company balances, liaising with other finance teams in the group to ensure both entities have recorded the same balance in their financial records. You will be required to Monitor FX rates and purchase currency in line with cashflow requirements, communicating with the business on current rates, status of time options and FX gains and losses. Submit audit deliverables in a timely manner and liaise with auditors to provide information and explanations as required to facilitate the production of an unqualified audit report.
* Values driven and ethical leader, able to achieve high levels of performance through collaboration with stakeholders in all business areas and at all levels
* Inquisitive nature with can do attitude and willingness to be hands on
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Technically strong and commercially astute
* Self-motivated, excellent time management and organisation skills
* Broad experience of all aspects of effective financial control and reporting
* Able to carry out detailed analysis and present in a way that is easily understood throughout the business