Our client is a group of 4 garden centre companies and due to an internal restructure are looking for a fully qualified Financial Controller to take control of and manage the entire financial function and department. You will be reporting to the CEO.
There are 4-5 direct reports and there are 100 plus employees in the business. This person will be responsible for developing and maintaining an effective best in class financial control environment, driving effectiveness and efficiency of all finance processes and procedures.
* Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts
* Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports
* Supervise and manage financial department staff including payroll clerk and financial assistants
* Motivate and lead finance team members by clarifying roles and providing helpful feedback
* Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems, including payroll and invoicing
* Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported
* Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation
* Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities
* Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies
* Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
* Report to the CEO with timely and accurate financial information
* Assist the CEO in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members
* Responsible for day-to-day group financial transactions; accounts receivable, accounts payable, banking, bookkeeping, and any other financial transactions.
* Ensure all financial and legal deadlines are met, with accurate accompanying financial data.
* Working with external accounting partners, ensuring accurate and timely submissions
* Ensuring legal and financial compliance, preparing for statutory audit
* Preparing monthly management accounts
* Banking reconciliations and cash management
* Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent)
* Strong technical skills
* Able to manage workload effectively and meet strict deadlines.
* Strong communication skills and able to manage a small, but growing, team effectively.
* Experience with Sage Line 50
* Held a similar role for 4-5 years
Despite our best efforts it is not always possible to respond to every application individually due to the high volume of responses we receive on each vacancy
Only candidates who are short listed will be contacted for this particular role and if you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume that you have not be successful. However, we will keep your details on our database, and will contact you when other suitable positions come in