Financial Accountant - Real Estate. OUR CLIENT
is a renowned and established international real estate investment management business with a growing £multi-billion AUM Real Estate portfolio under management. They operate worldwide within public and private investments. They have instructed us to help them hire an experienced Financial Accountant to take responsibility for financial / management accounting and performance reporting, as well as coordinating all operational and accounting aspects for several joint venture vehicles. If successful, you will also be responsible for investor reporting for a £1bn+ unit trust.THE ROLE:
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will undertake below listed, but not limited duties:
- Maintaining property and fund accounting records to include book-keeping entries and regular bank and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparing quarterly management accounts, annual financial statements and financial analysis for investment structures and joint ventures.
- Preparing annual financial statements and control of the year-end audit process, ensuring that timetables are adhered to and that information and explanations are provided to the auditors.
- Preparing VAT returns and reconciliations.
- Preparing CIS returns.
- Managing cash including monitoring liquidity and regular capital calls and distributions to investors.
- Preparing data submission to index provider for calculation of fund performance.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders including investment managers, property managers, tax advisors, depositary, group finance, auditors and company secretary.
- Reviewing monthly information received from property managers.
- Providing financial analysis and support for investments decisions, commercial transactions and tenancy options.
- Monitoring fund mailbox and responding to investor queries and requests.
- Reviewing invoices to ensure accurate recording and correct accounting.
- Responding to information requests and ad-hoc queries from internal and external stakeholders.
- Adhering to the FCA's Conduct Rules.
To apply, you should be a Qualified Accountant (ACCA, ACA, CIMA or similar) preferably with previous exposure to Real Estate Investment. It is essential that you are an advanced Excel user - comfortable with manipulating and analysing financial information and performance data - Experience using real estate systems (MRI QUBE HORIZON YARDI etc.) would be an advantage. It is important that you understand and have experience of working in the real estate sector in general. Also understanding the life cycle of a fund would be beneficial in this role. If you are good at working to tight deadlines, able to handle multiple priorities, are highly numerate and literate with good analytical skills, an effective communicator and problem solver, this role is an exceptional opportunity to develop your career within a well-known and growing real estate investment company that has the capability to offer greater responsibility within the team in the future.Currently the client is hybrid working. Please note that due to volume we cannot get back to everyone, however every application is looked at and considered and will be held on Trident International's database for review. If you have not heard back from us within 5 working days you should assume your initial application has been unsuccessful, however if suitable roles arise in the future we will make every effort to contact you.