Business Analyst - Revenue Specialist - C2C FTC 18 months
AVEVA is a global leader in industrial software, sparking ingenuity to drive responsible use of the world's resources. The company's secure industrial cloud platform and applications enable businesses to harness the power of their information and improve collaboration with customers, suppliers and partners.
Over 20,000 enterprises in over 100 countries rely on AVEVA to help them deliver life's essentials: safe and reliable energy, food, medicines, infrastructure and more. By connecting people with trusted information and AI-enriched insights, AVEVA enables teams to engineer efficiently and optimize operations, driving growth and sustainability.
Named as one of the world's most innovative companies, AVEVA supports customers with open solutions and the expertise of more than 6,400 employees, 5,000 partners and 5,700 certified developers. With operations around the globe, we are headquartered in Cambridge, UK and listed on the London Stock Exchange's FTSE 100. Learn more at www.aveva.com.
AVEVA's finance transformation program is delivering a finance function that matches the Group's ambitious growth plans and embraces the best tools and practices to ensure compliance, control, efficiency. AVEVA is seeking a full-time experienced revenue specialist to support the transformational change towards AVEVA business strategy of being a truly cloud based, subscriptions business.
The revenue specialist will be responsible for understanding and improving global end-to-end business processes for revenue. This will be done in an environment of systems implementation and business integration projects, to process re-engineering and a genuine transition to new ways of working. The role will report to the Global Process Owner for Revenue and will work closely with other key stakeholders across finance including Sales Operations, Commercial Operations, Internal Controls, Business & Commercial Finance and Project teams.
• Act as a subject matter expert for our revenue processes & revenue recognition policy at AVEVA. Communicate with key stakeholders & manage different views and expectations escalating process decisions where necessary.
• Being the subject matter expert for internal projects that have an impact on revenue recognition
• Review and maintain revenue reporting and control processes and guidelines. This includes ensuring roles and responsibilities for the end-to-end process are clearly defined and aligned with the global template where possible as well as ensuring system processes and design is appropriate.
• Work closely with other workstreams to ensure revenue processes are coherent and transparent across different business functions.
• Work with group revenue team in designing and implementing minimum controls in relation to revenue.
• Create and share expertise to support local controllers in the region to ensure resolving of system design issues connected to systems implementation
• Review and establish process for contract modifications and revenue error corrections. Support creation and review of process for calculation of revenue specific adjustments due to contract cancellations or supersession
• Perform testing of new revenue system/ ERP features impacting revenue and contract accounting as well as ad hoc testing of change request/ system request releases.
• Be responsible for the design and maintenance of revenue recognition rules within the system. Review and feedback on design decisions, process maps, SOPs, policies and control documentation.
Skills & Qualifications
• Proven analytical competency and excel proficiency
• Minimum bachelor's Degree in Accounting / Finance / Economics/ Business
• 3-5 years of experience in auditing or reporting revenue under IFRS 15
• Experience in Navision, SAP, Oracle or Zuora
• Experience in ERP migration projects/ transformational programs
• Understanding of IT interaction between process and related systems
• Building relationships quickly/interpersonal skills
• Language requirement: English
AVEVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to being an exemplary employer with an inclusive culture, developing a workplace environment where all our employees are treated with dignity and respect. We value diversity and the expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business.
Come and join AVEVA to create the transformative technology that enables our customers to engineer a better world.
Concerning agencies: AVEVA does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.