We have an exciting opportunity for a Payroll Officer to work for our global client based in Hoddesdon. The Payroll Officer will provide high level payroll support to the business, ensuring a professional and efficient service to all customers. This is a full-time permanent position based in Hoddesdon and candidates are required to work onsite from 8am – 4.30pm Monday – Friday. This role offers an attractive salary, plus excellent benefits.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Manage the monthly payroll ensuring accuracy of all dimensions including employee records, salary, variable pay, tax, pension and other deductions and benefits as applicable. Process Leavers including processing P45s.
* Setting up of new starters on payroll
* Process year-end requirement including production of P60s and P11Ds.
* Ensure that the payroll system is effective and appropriate for the needs of the business – recommend changes and upgrades as appropriate.
* Add value to the monthly payroll reporting through statistical analysis and insights that will contribute to an effective HR partnering service to the business.
* Completion and submission of all statutory reports accurately and within legislated timelines.
* Keep abreast of company policies and tax legislations that impact on remuneration.
* Maintaining the payroll inbox by answering payroll queries from employees in a timely manner, escalating when required.
* Extracting timesheet reports and entering the data into payroll
* Work closely with the HR team to ensure an efficient and effective overall HR operation and that all information is kept up to date.
ADDITIONAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
Stay up-to-date with employment law and GDPR requirements.
The role requires meticulous attention to detail and for all work to be conducted strictly in accordance with company Policies and Procedures and Standard Operating Procedures.
Work efficiently and tidily such that work is carried out in a well-planned and organised way and timely manner.
Follow all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements that are defined on work instructions or communicated in training.
Responsible to maintain own training file.
Ensure that any operating practice or instrument defect, which may affect safety at work, is brought to the attention of Management.
Respect the confidentiality of information obtained in the course of duties performed and refrain from disclosing such information without written consent from Management, except where disclosure is required by law or by the order of a Court.
At least 2 years' experience with payroll or bookkeeping and accounts
Experience in Sage 50 payroll system
Strong administrative skills
Proven capability of leaning new systems and applications
Accurate with a close attention to detail.
Effective written and oral communication skills
Good stakeholder and relationship management
Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Reporting skills desirable
Excellent planning and organization skills - Ability to multi-task, manage time and accept changing priorities.
Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
High proficiency in the use of MS Office (especially MS Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint)
The Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals desirable, but not essential
Level 1 Certificate in Payroll or Level 1 or 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping desirable
Self-motivated with a positive ‘can do’ approach
High personal integrity and strong focus on personal accountability to deliver effective outcomes
Ability to work effectively under pressure
Customer service focused
Good work ethic
Evidence of strong motivation for continued learning