Marks Sattin are currently working with a listed FMCG business to assist in the recruitment of a Supply Chain Financial Controller. This is a group wide role that will give you exposure across all business units, looking at the strategic direction of supply chain and procurement. You will be a senior leader in the finance team, driving EBITDA growth and supporting Procurement & Supply Chain teams with analysis and decision support.Responsibilities:
- Work with Purchasing Director to drive business performance; helping to identify, model and influence purchasing strategies (e.g. hedging, contracts, options) to improve Group profitability
- Track, monitor and report on the success of these purchasing strategies.
- Deliver accurate financial information to the business for decision-making.
- Identify through financial analysis areas for profit improvement
- Developing and continually improving the purchasing financial information required for the annual Budget and periodic Forecasts and Strategic reporting (outlook +3 years)
- Supporting the Purchasing team with daily, weekly and monthly performance reports
- To support the costing of new products being developed through provision of forward looking material prices.
- To model the impact of input cost changes on profitability
- Assess the financial implications of decisions in terms of stockholding, consignment stocks, distribution, write offs and supplier payment terms to ensure the business delivers against working capital targets
- Work with the Supply Chain Finance Manager to deliver any other ad hoc financial analyses and support other projects as required relating to procurement
- Work with Supply Chain Director by provision of financial and commercial insight and challenge to deliver the Supply Chain strategy
- To provide senior management with KPIs (financial and non-financial) and periodic reports on trading forecasts, budgets and targets, highlighting risks and opportunities
- Work with the Supply Chain Finance Manager to deliver any other ad hoc financial analyses and support other projects as required relating to supply chain.
- Lead a team of two direct reports, in addition to one further indirect report; ensuring that development plans are in place.
- Manage, prioritise and co-ordinate workload across the team to ensure deadlines and deliverables are met.
- Support the Supply Chain Finance Manager and Purchasing Finance Manager to work effectively alongside the purchasing, supply chain & site finance teams.
- Preferably CIMA or ACCA with FMCG or manufacturing experience an advantage, minimum 5 years post qualification experience
- Proven ability to business partner and influence senior management and executives across the business
- Clear understanding of financial impact of decisions within a complex fast moving environment
- Works effectively under pressure with attention to detail and accuracy
- People management and team leadership experience desirable.
- Builds relationships with peers and seniors across multiple locations
This is a fully remote role, with 4 days per month spent at the different sites.
If you feel you are right for the role, please apply now.