David Phillips is the premier furnishing service provider for agents, investors, property developers and other residential property providers across the United Kingdom. This includes build-to-rent developers, student accommodation and care home providers. We have been at the vanguard of our sector for over twenty years. We work in a challenging intersection between B2B & B2C, service & retail.
Visit our website: www.davidphillips.comRole Summary
This is a hands-on role, where you will oversee the daily running of the Accounts Payable function. You will be responsible for a variety of duties and responsibilities, whilst overseeing a team of 3 in the AP team. This role will also support the Group Financial Controller in establishing efficiencies and implementing strong financial controls. The role will entail extensive use of the Company’s Microsoft Dynamics Navision ERP system.Principle Tasks
Experience & Skills
- Overseeing and developing the Accounts Payable team of 3
- Ensure timely and efficient processing of high volumes of supplier invoices, assisting with processing as required.
- Oversee processing of T&E related expenses, credit card postings and ensure adherence to T&E policy
- Preparing/reviewing supplier statement reconciliations on a monthly basis and ensuring that all suppliers are reconciled on a regular basis, with timely resolution of outstanding items.
- Generating weekly payment runs in multiple currencies including identifying any payment priorities against available cash flow
- Responsible for uploading payments to the bank and related bank postings and reconciliations
- Review Aged creditors reports, ensuring timely and accurate postings in the AP ledger and proactively investigate outstanding items, particularly debit balances and GRNI
- Advising and assisting the team with any issues or questions that may arise
- Act as main point of contact for all escalated (internal and external) queries, resolve issues promptly and with professionalism
- Coordinate with the finance team to ensure correct posting of invoices (G/L & Dimension)
- Deliver a timely and clear month-end to the business, ensure invoices are recorded in the right period.
- Develop and monitor KPIs within accounts payable team
- Vendor master file maintenance including new supplier set-up and bank detail changes
- Develop appropriate controls over AP function and implement best practices
- Additional ad-hoc duties as required.
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics Navision (essential)
- Experience of accounts payable in high volume environment
- Experience of mentoring/ managing/leading a team
- Professional manner, with high attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organisational skills and ability deliver high quality work to deadlines
- An excellent team player
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, in particular Microsoft Excel.
We operate a Hybrid working policy, our Finance office is based in Beckton, East London where we would expect you to spend 1-2 days per week with the team.Perks
Employee discounts platform, discounted gym memberships, cycle to work scheme, SMART Pension scheme, employee assistance program and of course staff discount on David Phillips Furniture.
In addition to the above we offer 33 days annual leave rising with service to 38 days, alongside enhanced maternity, paternity and parental leave, paid leave for IVF, Miscarriage and Menopause.
Learning and development program