London HQ 3 days per week, remote 2 days per week (or office if you so wish!) Our mission:
Did you know that one
people in the UK rent their homes.
Goodlord’s mission? To provide them with the best renting experience in the world.
Goodlord digitalises the renting process for agents, landlords, and tenants. The platform streamlines everything from referencing right through to rent collection, making the process easier and more transparent for everyone.Role
We are going through an exciting phase of growth, as such we are looking for a Strong Senior Finance manager to support the business through this period.
You will be a lead in the month-end and year-end reporting, using your prior experience and strong technical skills to deliver timely and accurate reporting, although you will of course be supported and guided by the Head of Finance!
You will bring best practice on workpapers, reconciliations and internal controls & procedures to drive continuous improvement in both accuracy, efficiency and timeliness within the team.
You should also be an experienced people leader with experience of managing and developing a team to perform well as you will have a very small team from day one. What we need you to bring to the party:
What’s in it for you:
- You must be ACCA/ACA/CIMA qualfied (or equivalent) with significant PQE
- You have team lead/management experience - ideally a team of 2-3
- Experience running a finance team in a small / medium sized business with less than perfect systems
- VAT experience
- Significant experience implementing processes and controls
- Grow with Goodlord: your development is important to us. Have a goal in mind? Share it with us and you can use your £1000 annual development fund to support it. We guarantee you’ll learn loads and develop both personally and professionally at Goodlord too!
- Your well-being matters: bi-weekly coaching with Sanctus to provide Goodlordians with a safe place to talk and support your mental health
- Unlimited holiday and flexible time off: we encourage Goodlordians to make use of their unlimited time off to enjoy the world, recharge, and reboot. We also offer time off for volunteering and training, so you can give back to the community and pursue your passions
- Supporting your family: we offer Goodlordians of all genders a generous 3 months of fully-paid time off to look after their new arrivals
If you’re ready to help us provide the best renting experience in the world, then click apply (2-3 minutes)!
Goodlord wants applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment. In fact one of our core values is Bring our whole selves to work which is really important to us. If there is anything you need to participate fully in the interview process we'd like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application. Come and join us! Unfortunately we cannot provide sponsorship for this role.
No Agencies please - we have agency partners should we need to go down this route
** Please note, as we are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all Goodlordians are required to pass a thorough referencing check, including ID check and DBS via Experian before joining the team. We will only ask for references at the point of making an offer **