- Responsible for a portfolio of clients, taking ownership of deliverables including the completion of monthly client management accounts;
- Supervising junior staff in respect of all accounting deliverables;
- Provide technical accounting guidance and ad hoc project support where required;
- Oversee the completion of payment runs for your clients;
- Liaise with other departments within the firm to coordinate the delivery of other services provided by the firm and spot opportunities for further business development by establishing good client relationships;
- Oversee/assist in the preparation of relevant tax filings such as VAT returns, corporation tax returns, P11ds and PSA;
- Oversee the year end process including the drafting of financial statements in accordance with UK GAAP and IFRS and liaising with clients and auditors in connection with the signing of the financial statements in line with designated deadlines;
- Assist the Manager with the billing process, management of the firm’s debts, and aiding the management, development and training of junior staff;
- You will consistently produce high quality work, with a getting it right first-time approach, by producing all reports to a high standard of accuracy, taking ownership for regular communication with clients to enable proper completion of tasks, resolution of issues with the ultimate goal of enhancing the client relationship. You will take responsibility for timely response to client queries and coordinating a response with team members when necessary.
What you will get in return:
- You will be ACA/ACCA qualified with a strong understanding of accounting and related areas;
- A high level of technical knowledge and ability to apply it in practical situations;
- Self-motivated and able to work as a team member, using own initiative and referring when necessary; including prioritising workloads within allocated timeframes, making decisions where appropriate and ensuring all procedures are followed;
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills, with the ability to identify and suggest procedural improvements;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate effectively (written & oral) at all level, internally and externally;
- Work together as a team, participate in open communication and contribute in meetings; supporting colleagues with a ‘can do‘ positive attitude and approach;
- Have an interest in business development and a desire to help the business grow.
- A genuinely unique opportunity to be part of an expanding global business;
- Training and development opportunities;
- Exposure to the interactions between disciplines and learning about the business;
- Ability to apply technical knowledge to practical scenarios.
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision are made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
For more information on our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)) please visit https://theapexgroup.com/csr-policy/