Finance Director required for an SME residential developer in central London.
* Experience working for a house builder or developer
* 4 days in the office and 1 day at home
* Great opportunity for personal and professional development
A boutique residential developer in central London is recruiting a Finance Director. The company have a very strong brand and as they grow the business, they are looking to add more senior members to the team which will allow them to continue to source and deliver new sites across London and the South East.
They have grown from delivering unique schemes to larger sites with 1,500 units with a mixture of houses and apartments.
The Finance Director will be responsible for management of the core finance function as well as supporting the board with investment decision making on existing assets and future transactions. Identifying and reporting risks across the business and ensuring the smooth operation of the finance department. Including, but not limited to, team management, accounting systems management, statutory reporting, audit, cash management, management reporting, budgeting, and building relationships with external funders/financiers.
Finance Director responsibilities and requirements:
1. Preparation of monthly management accounts, management information pack and an annual business plan (the budget) and report against it, report upon treasury performance and policy adherence
2. Cashflow management and reporting, monitoring loan agreement covenants
3. Ensure all statutory return and reporting requirements are met
4. Manage the annual audit process and the group insurance renewal process
5. Oversee the management of the accounting system
6. Involvement in the land and development appraisals process, supporting the production of appraisals, review of sensitivities, and challenging the assumptions used
7. Review of transactional documentation in terms of land and corporate acquisitions, including purchase contracts, Joint Venture agreements and funding structures and agreements.
8. Engagement, management, and feedback from advisor teams, including consultants, legal, banking and tax specialists.
9. Risk evaluation of prospective deals, existing business plans (project and group), and agreements; with clarity of feedback essential, including clear analysis of potential outcomes.
20. Financial modelling and evaluation of alternative funding solutions, with recommendations made supported by robust analysis.
11. Development and management of funding relationships, monitoring, and reporting against key requirements, milestone deliveries and banking covenants.
12. Challenging assumptions put forward by internal and external sources. Showing a clear understanding of risks and assumptions across multiple sectors of real estate.
13. Provision of key financial information and analysis for ongoing funding rounds.
14. Work with the CEO to develop defined business metrics and consistently communicate these across the business and to investors.
15. Promote cost awareness and value recognition across business
16. ACCA qualified
This is a great opportunity for a Finance Manager, Head of Finance or Finance Director to join a modern developer who put a huge emphasis on people first and ensuring that they deliver quality properties