Our client are a leading Builders Merchant who provide building supplies to the construction industry.
Due to the branches growth and expansion, they are looking for a Credit Controller to join their branch.
To support our credit control manager in the appropriate management of our trade debtors ensuring that an appropriate risk / reward balance is achieved for the business. The role will support with the end to end credit control process including customer set up, liaising with our credit insurers, resolving overdue balances and allocating payments.
You will be working for our highly experienced credit control manager in their flag ship branch which combined offers a great environment to learn, add value and thrive for a business on a strong growth journey.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
* Complete new supplier checks to understand financial performance, credit reports, vendor verification and trade indemnity insurance availability
* New customer set up including account set up on ERP system, filing of appropriate paperwork and communication to our branch teams
* Take payments from account customers paying by credit / debit card
* Allocate payments to customer accounts
* Issue invoices weekly and statements monthly to our 1,200+ account customers
* Support timely query management through supply of copy invoices, statements, PODs and appropriate escalation to branch teams
* Department admin to ensure key set up documents are easily accessible
* Considers the customer (both internal and external) in daily activities
* Carry out other duties which fall within reasonable expectations of the role.
* To adhere to Health and Safety standards according to the company policy for both customers, colleagues and yourself.
* To work within other areas of our clients Companies from time to time when and if necessary