MiFID MiFIR Manager
Our Client is seeking a qualified candidate MiFID/ MiFIR Manager to serve in a full-time capacity as Manager for the Capital Market division. Of the Company.
This position will offer you an opportunity to work closely with senior individuals at leading investment banks and regulators in European capital markets, on the review of the Market in Financial Instruments Directive 2/ Market in Financial Instruments Regulation (MiFID/ MiFIR).
It is an opportunity to work on the cutting edge of regulatory and market practice developments as well as to participate in initiatives aimed at facilitating opportunities for Members.
You will report to the Head of MiFID and will work closely with other staff and members across a wide range of product and policy committees, including equities, fixed income, investor protection, compliance and advocacy.
You will support the Head of MiFID, the MiFID Steering Committee and other MiFID team leaders with respect to the impact of MiFID/ MiFIR on their members' businesses.
The role requires a strategic approach as well as a high level of attention to technical detail and a strong willingness to develop a deep understanding of the impact of the new regulation on the businesses of Members.
We envisage this role to be in our London office, however, we are open to considering our Brussels office with an expectation that some travel within the EU27 and UK will be required.
Key accountabilities Key activities / Decision areas
- Have direct contact with Members in the above areas, including working with the Member Chairs of MiFID Steering Committee and with Members of other departmental divisions
- Support on policy and business issue identification, research, preparation and analysis; including fact-gathering
- Support communications between Members, regulators, legislators and the media
- The Candidate will be responsible for preparing agendas for the MiFID Steering Committee and for supporting staff in the preparation and execution of meetings/ calls and follow-up actions of their groups, including the MiFID groups of the Equity, Fixed Income, Investor Protection, Compliance and Public Policy divisions. Lead and coordinate the execution of actions agreed by the Steering Committee and other MiFID groups, including: the development and deployment of consultation responses and briefing materials; meeting with policy-makers and regulators; and engaging with the wider stakeholder community
- Maintain relevant sections of the Company's website and intranet
Essential key competencies:
- Strong self-motivation
Intellectual curiosity, sharp intellect and high levels of energy and drive
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- An interest in initiating change
- Ability to function effectively in a challenging, fast-paced professional team environment
- Determination and resilience Knowledge skills and experience Essential:
- Have a bachelor's or advanced professional degree
- At least 3-5 years of prior professional experience on MiFID topics or longer experience in a financial services capital markets organization (preference for specific experience at a trading or banking organization)
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including public speaking
- Analytical, organizational, and leadership skills
- Fluency in oral and written English is required
- IT literate Desirable:
- A fluent knowledge of English, plus additional language skills would be a plus All candidates are required to have the legal right to work in the UK and/ or in the EU.
The Client is based in Canary Wharf London.
The role will be on a 2 day in the office and 3 day out on a rota basis - and it is envisaged that all employees will work from the office full time from January 2022.
The salary for this rill be in the range £55K - £70K plus generous benefits.
Do send your CV to us in Word format along with your salary and availability.