Duration of booking: Expected to be 2 months with a potential extension
Proposed start date: ASAP
£12.50 - £15.50 paye per hour
£13.50 - £16.50 paye inclusive per hour
£14.50 - £16.50 umbrella per hour
Working Days and Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
* To aid in the provision of robust monthly budgetary reports including cost centre reports to the division’s budget holders within agreed timescales. This will include making all necessary accruals, prepayments, budgetary changes and other financial adjustments as instructed by the Finance Business Partner and Deputy Finance Business Partner.
* To assist in the production of a monthly performance pack for the divisional meeting, including a narrative reports explaining key issues and reasons for budgetary variances, a forecast out-turn, temporary staffing expenditure analysis and CIP’s progress.
* To advise budget holders on the use of financial resources by providing support as well as completing ad hoc work and investigations on request. In conjunction with the Finance Business Partner and Deputy Finance Business Partner the role will entail ensuring budget holders are provided with information on which to make decisions.
* To assist the Finance Business Partner and Deputy Finance Business Partner to ensure that financial issues such as cost improvement programmes and the implications of service changes are being addressed in an appropriate way to budget holders.
* To reconcile the divisions budgetary movements by directorate and by expenditure type on a monthly basis.
* To review all staff change, termination and new appointment forms received from the Human Resources (HR) Department in a timely manner and in line with departmental procedures, including keeping the departmental staff in post data up to date and in line with budgeted WTE in the Trust’s general ledger.
* To develop the use of the financial systems in conjunction with colleagues from financial services, where appropriate to ensure efficient and effective working practices are maintained and developed
* To provide ad-hoc financial reports for the Finance Business Partner, Deputy Finance Business Partner and Head of Financial Reporting upon request.
* The dissemination of financial policies and procedures to ensure budget holders within the division have an awareness of and are encouraged to operate within, the Trust’s financial policies and procedures. This will involve communicating with groups of staff where there is little finance knowledge.
* Advise the budget holders on the appropriate action in response to any internal or external audit report relating to the division.