Finance SpecialistLocation (Flexible with requirement to be in Bracknell or Basingstoke Fujitsu Offices or customer site where needed)
Are you looking for a challenging opportunity and willing to be an individual finance contributor working within a diverse and inclusive team capable of analysing and evaluating financial problems, maintaining strong accounting and control environment and have the ability to analyse financial data and make appropriate recommendation to support management business decision-making? Do you want to be proud to work for a company that respects its people and is at the forefront of technology? We are looking to grow our team with committed people to support one of the key strategic growth business areas within the UK.Your Role
We are looking for a Finance Specialist to undertake this challenging and diverse role. The role will involve provision of accounting support for the Defence and National Security (DNS) Business Unit.
With the support of a wider team, the purpose of this role is to provide project and contract accounting leadership to a Portfolio within the Business Unit. The scope of the role covers end-to-end financial management of the portfolio of contracts including month end close processes, forecasting, and ensuring complete lifetime P&L, open book (customer requirements) and balance sheet integrity maintained for these contracts.
As an experienced finance professional, you will be expected to exercise sound judgement in decision-making and selection of appropriate accounting policies, assumptions, and strategies, where necessary, to positively influence business outcomes.Your Experience
- Professional Accountancy Qualification - CIMA/ACCA or equivalent
- Proven background in effective management of finance processes of medium to complex programs and projects, including internal control and policy compliance, and to support management strategy through provision of relevant business information and analysis.
- Capable of applying technical knowledge, expertise, and experience to address problems or to complete assignments, including data analysis and scenario modelling and evaluation and reporting on range of outcomes including financial/accounting impact, risks, rewards, costs, and benefits.
- The ability to identify and manage financial risks and opportunities within the areas of responsibility
- Strong interpersonal skills - able to communicate effectively and drive sound financial decisions
- Good organisational skills essential with ability to work to tight deadlines and possessing strong attention to detail
- The ability to proactively apply knowledge and experience to identify and resolve business process issues, promote best practice and continuous improvement, or to escalate more complex or high-risk issues to senior management
- IT Services or Contract Accounting experience desirable
- Ability to attain relevant security clearance for the role is essential
We are Fujitsu. A Japanese company with a strong set of values and a history of respecting fairness and equality, whilst promoting diversity and inclusion. We constantly push ourselves to do more and strive to bring together a diverse mix of perspectives and talents in an inclusive environment, where we encourage our people to bring their full self to work. We call this Be Completely You.
We are inclusive. As a responsible business, it is important to us that we reflect the diversity of our society and customers. Not only are we a Disability Confident company, a Times Top 50 employer for Women and a signatory for the Race at Work Charter, we are also committed to the United Nations standards for LGBT+.
We are people centric. This means we care about our people (and their families) and appreciate that everyone has a life outside of work. By supporting our people to Work Your Way, we empower them to achieve a flexible and respectful approach to work which suits them and our customers best - this could be working hours, location, or a flexible approach to their working day.
We want you to thrive. If working for a progressive organization, with a continuing commitment to diversity and inclusion is important, you should apply.
Fujitsu has been recognized as a Disability Confident Leader by the Department of Work and Pensions. This is in recognition of our commitment to recruiting, retaining and employing people with disabilities. As a Disability Confident Leader, we offer a guaranteed interview to all candidates with disabilities who meet the essential criteria for a role, and are experienced at making reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process. Please let me know if you would like further information.