Do you want to work for a dynamic and growing firm that offers outstanding client service and a comprehensive range of sector and service specialisms?
Our client is looking for an Accounts Manager to support the Partners and Directors with the management of their client portfolios in providing a range of accountancy and taxation services.Salary / Perks / Benefits
- £37,000 - £45,000 Salary + Annual salary review.
- 36.25 hours / 5 days per week (flexible and hybrid working is available).
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Death in service 3 x annual salary.
- Flexible benefits including Buy and Sell holiday, Cycle to Work, Payroll Charity Giving and Private Medical Insurance.
- Introducing clients and staff commission schemes.
- Pension 3% rising to 4% (but matched up to 6%) after 4 years’ service
Attributes, Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Overseeing and controlling a portfolio of clients to ensure compliance for tax and accounting purposes.
- To be the first point of contact for clients.
- Supervising staff and managing workflow through the office.
- Responsible for developing junior staff.
- Preparing and reviewing financial statements for limited companies, partnerships and sole traders.
- Preparing tax computations and corporate and personal tax returns.
- Reviewing of VAT return preparation.
- Filing documents with HMRC and Companies House on client’s behalf.
- Dealing with correspondence for clients.
- Providing business set-up services for clients including incorporations and HMRC registrations.
- Providing value added business advice including ways to minimise tax liabilities and maximise profits.
- Identifying opportunities to offer clients additional services.
- Assisting the partners and directors with specialist assignments as they arise, including providing technical support as necessary.
- Comply with internal policies and procedures, ethical standards and regulatory requirements.
Interested? Apply today!
- Outgoing, socially confident and emotionally controlled.
- A positive attitude, friendly and approachable.
- Resilient, able to multi-task and work independently / flexibly.
- Adaptable, organised and conscientious.
- Takes the initiative, ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Discreet, professional and team orientated in approach.
- Good working knowledge of general IT Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Social Media programmes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven accuracy and an eye for detail.
- Ability to present information effectively and concisely in emails and documents.
- Experience of working at an Accounts Manager level in an accountancy practice.
- Previous experience in accounts preparation for limited companies and unincorporated businesses.
- Previous experience in preparing tax computations and returns for limited companies, unincorporated business and individuals.
- Ideally AAT or ACA / ACCA qualified.