Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative and collaborative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures. Join us and Apply today!What you will be doing
As the Vice President & Controller – International Healthcare Solutions you will report directly to the SVP & Chief Accounting Officer and will be a key member of the corporate accounting team and an impactful member of the organization. You will be responsible for overseeing and managing the accounting operations for the Company’s International Healthcare Solutions reportable segment from its UK offices. The Company’s International Healthcare Solutions segment primarily consists of Alliance Healthcare and World Courier and is intended to grow through future acquisitions. The businesses support upstream and downstream customers and include distribution operations and manufacturer support services to the pharmaceutical industry.
You will also participate in future acquisition due diligence, purchase accounting, and integration assignments. You will work closely with the Corporate Internal Controls team and the Internal Audit department to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley. Additionally, you will work closely with the Company’s Global Financial Share Services department to ensure best practices are maintained and acquisition synergies are achieved.
What your background should look like Experience and Educational Requirements
- Direct the activities and oversee the monthly accounting close processes, ensuring that financial statements are prepared in accordance with U.S. generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and company policies; ensure financial statements are properly transitioned from IFRS, German GAAP, and other International accounting standards to U.S. GAAP
- Ensure that Foreign Exchange Accounting and Translation is properly accounted for when converting foreign currency-denominated financials to currency
- Work with the Corporate Internal Controls, Internal Audit departments and international businesses to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and group-wide entity controls
- Work closely with the Corporate and International Tax teams in connection with legal entity restructurings and transfer pricing matters
- Work closely with the Chief Accounting Officer to implement new accounting policies and procedures; participate in or lead projects related to financial accounting and reporting systems
- Update the Chief Accounting Officer in a timely manner regarding any significant accounting items and internal control matters
- Work with the Senior Director of Complex Technical Accounting on Purchase Price Allocations in connection with business combinations
- Help identify any unusual operating trends in business unit results and investigate or notify the appropriate individuals
- Interact with Finance management to refine and maintain the integrity of the Company's accounting practices, fiscal records and financial reports
- Work closely with AmerisourceBergen's independent auditors on international accounting matters
What AmerisourceBergen offers
- CPA or equivalent accounting certification is required
- Extensive international and cross-border experience with financial reporting, accounting close processes, financial and IT internal controls
- Knowledge of various financial management areas including accounting principles and accounting literature (GAAP, IFRS)
- Understanding of company policies, philosophy, goals and objectives in order to affect financial oversight in protecting the company's assets
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to implement processes resulting in satisfactory audit practices
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.Schedule
Full timeAffiliated Companies:
World CourierEqual Employment Opportunity
AmerisourceBergen is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.What we’ll do with your data
We’ll hold your information for as long as the position you have applied for is open and for a period of up to 3 months after. Should you wish that we delete your personal information before this, please let us know.