Miryco Consultants is working with an exciting investment manager looking to add an Investment Stewardship Analyst to their team on a 12-Month contract basis.
The primary responsibilities of the role include research on portfolio voting activities, implementation of policies across an EMEA/APAC portfolio, preparing research for company engagements and managing a range of data and workflow requirements.
This is a great role for a candidate looking to develop their career by developing their analytical skills through all aspects of the role, as well as their communication skills through production of internal and external publications such as insights and case studies.
Candidates with legal, governance, research, data and finance backgrounds and who have an interest in risk oversight, governance and environmental and social issues are encouraged to apply.
- Analyse proposals against proxy voting guidelines using a variety of sources including third-party research, company engagement and disclosures, and conversations with portfolio managers.
- Develop and maintain expertise in the fields of investment stewardship, corporate governance, proxy voting, and company engagement. Continually develop knowledge of the investment industry and the global governance landscape.
- Analyse the corporate governance and proxy voting situations of individual companies to prepare for conversations with senior officials (often executives or directors). Participate in and document these engagements.
- Perform individual analysis of issues, and elevate high priority situations for senior manager review. Present recommendations and complex ideas clearly in verbal and written form.
- Assist with projects to enhance the thought leadership and research of the Investment Stewardship team in the UK and globally. Partners with colleagues on improvements to quality, process and operations as needed. Serve as a driver of positive change that helps to broaden our impact, in the EMEA and APAC regions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with business partners and vendors. Proactively foster effective communication that contributes to collaboration and quality of governance outcomes.
- Invest time and energy to understand all team functions. Is willing to cover for team mates and capable of supporting colleagues in times of high volumes or stress.
- Proactively manage proxy voting volumes by working with team mates to plan and prioritize work. Recommends process improvements to gain efficiency and ensure quality
- Undergraduate degree; pursuit of Advanced degree or certification (such as MBA or CFA).
- 3+ years of business or investment experience.
- Strong work ethic. Demonstrated willingness to contribute to the overall success of the team and to shareholders.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a fast paced, ambiguous environment, managing multiple priorities and diverse responsibilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication capabilities as demonstrated through prior work experience or education.
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively to achieve the best results.
- Proficiency in a major business language other than English may be beneficial but is not required.
£275 a day
“Please note, our client is unable to offer sponsorship for this opportunity. Finally, should you not be contacted within five working days of submitting your application, then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the opportunity. We will however, be in touch should there be any other opportunities of potential interest that are suiting to your skills. “
For similar roles, please visit www.miryco.com