Job Overview: This is a Management Accountant role within a team which is responsible for the UK and European management accounts.
The focus of the team is to provide financial support and deliver useful, quality information in a timely fashion to assist management in their commercial decision making.
Looking for a bright, highly motivated self-starter with an interest in the fashion industry.
The role will focus on the reporting of multi-brand financial information primarily within the UK geographic sector encompassing Wholesale operations.
The role will be responsible to produce monthly management accounts, analysing and reporting on key financial data within the organisation ensuring that managers receive timely, accurate and relevant information.
Key stakeholders – Operations Director, Financial Controller, and Other Divisional Heads.
Preparation of management accounts. This includes:
§ Sales and margin reporting
§ Sale and margin analysis and reconciliation
§ Stock valuation, reconciliation and provisioning
§ Maintenance of fixed asset registers
§ Fulfilment analysis
§ Overhead and cost accounting
• To produce timely and reliable management information reports on a monthly basis
• To produce and develop value-added monthly management accounting reporting information
• To investigate variances against budgets and provide analysis of differences
• To assist with budgeting and forecasting process and financial support to commercial team
• To prepare timely and accurate year-end financial information to assist the auditors with the year-end process
• To develop close working relations with senior management to assist with daily operations and strategic decision making
• To work closely with fellow divisional management accountants ensuring a healthy working environment conducive to producing financial information in a effective and efficient manner
• Ad hoc reporting and analysis
• Role would suit a Part qualified accountant (intermediate level and above) studying for a chartered professional qualification (CIMA/ACCA).
• Management accounts experience required
• Good time management and communication skills
• Team player
• Self-motivated, proactive
• Strong system skills (Excel, SAP)
Other points of note:
• Essex location – car required
• Working hours - Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm