Join theSamworthBrothers Family!
At Samworth Brothers, we offer competitive benefits to all of our colleagues including:
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Private Health Scheme
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Annual Pay Review and Profit related pay
- Training and Progression opportunities
We have the opportunity for you to join our team as a Group Indirects Buyer. In this role you will be:
The Right Person
- Negotiate overall best terms; ensuring that the supply base and product meet the necessary business objectives [financial, technical, customer]. Have a deep understanding of supply base costs.
- Develop robust, long, medium- and short-term plans and provide the group with an accurate financial forecast to enable businesses to forecast effectively and to work closely with the business procurement managers to execute implementation plans.
- To develop formal category strategies that demonstrate complete understanding of the spend cube, a deep knowledge of the needs of the business and a robust understanding of the total supply market.
- To undertake quality market intelligence gathering to enable group procurement to build a stronger position in negotiations, managing risks and making better informed sourcing decisions in key category areas. This intelligence obtained will support Samworth Brothers in maintaining a competitive advantage and will enable us to become partners of choice to our customers with whom this intelligence will be shared.
- To ensure appropriate supplier segmentation and from that, the correct supplier management which could involve everything from joint strategies, top to top meetings, supplier scorecards and integrated processes.
We are one big team, and we look for people to join our business who want to work with others but take responsibility for doing their best every day to help to make the business a success. We also need:
- Minimum of 2 years experience working within a procurement function
- CIPS Qualification preferred
- Highly effective communication & presentation skills
- Strong negotiation skills, with the ability to maintain professional relationships.
- Clear rationale to decision making and a reasoned approach in recommending strategic action and when to escalate
- Confident and collaborative approach in building good working relationships, willing to listen to and involve others
- Microsoft Computer literate (either to Internal standard or Advanced level) with specific knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint.
We are a fourth generation family company employing over 9,000 people in well-invested, modern sites in Leicestershire, Cornwall and elsewhere around the country.
We trace our roots back to 1886 and are a still to this day a family run business producing quality own-label products for many of the UKs best know retailers and our own brands including Ginsters, Soreen, West Cornwall Pasty Co. Dickinson & Morris, Walker & Son
At Samworth Brothers we take pride in our family feel within our businesses and work together to make things happen. We can offer you the stability of a wider group as well as the opportunities that that offers if you wish to progress your career with us. We are family and we would like to invite you to be part of that and support our teams in delivering great products to all of our customers Samworth Brothers do not engage with unlicensed gangmasters or third parties. Samworth Brothers will NEVER ask you for money in order to provide you with employment. If you are in any doubt please contact an official Samworth Brothers representative.