Financial Accountant - Global Investment Management
This role encompassing financial and fund accounting based duties sits within the finance function in the London office of a global Investment Management firm which has a focus on Real Estate investments.Main functions of the role
You will have responsibility for the financial, management and performance reporting, as well as coordinating all operational and accounting aspects for four joint venture vehicles. You will be also responsible for investor administration for a 1bn+ unit trust and joint ventures.Key Tasks and Responsibilities
While the core key tasks and responsibilities are noted below, over time there will be opportunities for growth and to assume greater responsibility within the team, assuming the desire and capability is there.
- Maintenance of property and fund accounting records to include book keeping entries and regular bank and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparation of quarterly management accounts, annual financial statements and financial analysis for investment structures and joint ventures.
- Preparation of annual financial statements and control of the year-end audit process, ensuring that timetables are adhered to and that information and explanations are provided to the auditors.
- Preparation of VAT returns and reconciliations.
- Preparation of CIS returns.
- Cash management including monitoring of liquidity and regular capital calls and distributions to investors.
- Preparation of data submission to index provider for calculation of fund performance.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders including investment managers, property managers, tax advisors, depositary, group finance, auditors and company secretary.
- Reviewing monthly information received from property managers, querying inconsistences and assisting in providing oversight.
- Providing financial analysis and support for investments decisions, commercial transactions and tenancy options.
- Monitoring fund mailbox and responding to investor queries and requests including disseminating regular investor reporting
- Reviewing invoices to ensure accurate recording and correct accounting.
- Respond to information requests and ad-hoc queries from internal and external stakeholders.
- Adhere to the FCA's Conduct Rules, understanding that they set basic standards of good personal conduct.
- You should hold a relevant accounting qualification - ACCA, ACA, CIMA or similar or in the latter stages of studying towards one
- Excel knowledge is essential. You should be comfortable with manipulating and analyzing financial information and performance data using the most appropriate tools and functions available
- Experience working to tight deadlines and handling multiple deadlines is essential.
- Previous exposure to Real Estate investment preferred
- Understanding of the life cycle of a fund would be beneficial, but not essential
- Experience with Horizon an advantage
- Experience in real estate an advantage
- Understanding of key legal and company secretarial elements of the investment process
A confident and professional self-starter with initiative and attention to detail. Strong accounting acumen and a demonstrable commitment to high achievement are also required. Given the nature of the role you will often need to work to tight deadlines and manage competing priorities, therefore, a disciplined and organised approach is essential. To summarise, you should ideally be:
- Highly organised with the ability to handle multiple priorities effectively
- Accurate, methodical and self-disciplined
- Strong accounting acumen
- Highly numerate and literate with good analytical skills
- Computer literate, particularly in the use of Microsoft Excel
- Effective and diplomatic communicator
- Problem solver who uses initiative
- Able to work and remain calm under pressure
- Collaborative team player
- Ability to build effective working relationships with team members and other stakeholders