Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 180,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.
EMEA Internal Audit Office (EIAO), as the Bank’s third Line of Defence, and in accordance with the Global Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) International Standards (IIA Standards), provides independent assurance to the Board and Executive Management on the quality and effectiveness of governance, risk management and internal controls to monitor manage and mitigate key risks to achieving the Bank’s objectivesMAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Senior Audit Manager Enterprise Wide Risk is responsible for executing and delivery of audit engagement related to enterprise wide risks, including market risk and model risk assigned by the Chief Auditor and Head of Audit. They will work within the wider team on the scoping, planning and delivery of these engagements to ensure they cover the appropriate key risks and related key controls, including the management of issues raised. They may be required to conduct fieldwork, often taking a supervisory and lead role in the audit engagement.Key
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Director- Risk and Legal to maintain areas of the audit universe and the related risk assessment, ensuring that risk assessments are up to date and accurate. Assist the Director-Risk and Legal deliver continuous monitoring assignments for a set of entities ensuring the effectiveness of continuous monitoring which underpins audit activity and areas of focus.
- Establish and maintain strategy and approach papers for entities and risks within the Risk and Legal portfolio, as directed.
- Seek opportunities to improve risk coverage (within their specialist areas) on a global basis.
- Utilise subject matter expertise, knowledge of the business and wider industry knowledge to inform the audit plan and the risk assessments applied to enterprise wide risk (including market and model risks) audit universe.
- Ensure high quality standards for audit files and opinions in line with Methodology / QA requirements.
- Ensure timely and efficient delivery and execution of audit assignments within agreed timelines/milestones and budgets.
- Ensure audit reporting and MI is accurate and complete (e.g. Monthly Control Reports, Audit Committee reporting etc.).
- Maintain and develop constructive relationships with senior stakeholders so that audit planning and delivery are achieved smoothly and professionally whilst being aligned to the strategic objectives of MUFG.
- When leading an audit, deliver audit reports which are insightful, factually based, impactful and robust, and require minimal rewrite by the Audit Director.
- Champion the implementation of methodology best practice through audit engagements, leading by example.
- Display very strong appreciation of industry wide practice and appropriate risk and control in banking.
- When leading audits, responsible for agreeing Management Action Plan for reports and checking for robustness of actions and proposed timelines, prior to approval by relevant Director/Head of Audit. Take ownership of follow-up and validation of audit issues raised.
- Work collaboratively with all Internal Audit colleagues regionally and globally to ensure that the quality of work produced continues to advance. On occasions, be required to act as lead on Global Thematic Audits.
- Attend Bank fora as a Subject Matter Expert when requested.
- Line manage and develop junior members of the team as assigned to them by the Head of Audit.
- Demonstrate role model behaviour and team ethics in line with MUFG’s and EIA’s values.
- Collaborate effectively with other SAMs to ensure broader team objectives and deliverables such as plan resourcing, cross-team collaboration and continuous monitoring are successfully achieved.
- Consistently demonstrate ability to work independently, exude a positive motivating ‘can-do’ attitude with a solution-based approach to tasks.
From time to time, may also be required to take a lead role in non-‘BAU’ initiatives e.g. a working group.WORK EXPERIENCE
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of working in Internal Audit, or related function (Enterprise wide Risk including Market and Model risks within the Financial Services Sector).
- Knowledge of Enterprise risk and Market and Model risk areas.
- A strong understanding of the regulatory environment.
- Experience of working in a similar audit function for a major corporate/investment bank.
- Good experience working on change initiatives in an audit or advisory capacity
- Experience of auditing or advising on business strategy or strategic processes.
- Knowledge of how to use data analytics to drive continuous risk monitoring and perform audits.
- Understanding of and experience in providing assurance over compliance with the regulatory requirements relating to corporate & investment banking.
- Experience gained in the relevant first or second line of defence business or risk functions
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- A strong understanding of risk management, including market risk and audit within the banking sector, with an in depth understanding of enterprise/market risk.
- Strong subject matter expertise in risk management, compliance (including conduct), business operations, processes, products and controls is required. The candidate should understand regulatory requirements and minimum standards as they apply to the banking sector.
- Strong understanding of projects and change in banking.
Education / Qualifications:
- Strong acumen regarding auditing methods and industry practises is preferred.
- A good knowledge of key corporate events including significant business process changes, regulatory change, introduction of new products and services, outsourcing decisions and / or acquisitions/divestments.
- Higher education and equivalent industry qualifications and experience e.g. CIA, ACA, ACCA, ACT, etc
- Project Management qualification.
- Excellent communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
- Strong numerical skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.
- Type: Full time