We are excited to working with a key client of ours, an award winning business in Blackburn, who is on the search for an experienced Finance professional to head up their team in Blackburn to cover a maternity 12 month contract.
This company is a national service business; working with well renowned companies across the UK. Their success has been built on the skills of valued people and continue to recruit talented people to join the team.
Due to continued growth, our client has a vacancy for a Finance Managerto join the team. The purpose of the role is to manage the operational finance team to ensure timely processing of financial transactions, ensuring accuracy and driving efficiencies in financial processes.As a Finance Manager your role will include;
The ideal Finance Manager must;
- Manage Sales Invoicing, Credit Control and Payroll teams
- Manage integration of acquisitions into finance processes
- Assist with ongoing review of internal processes and systems, and assist with implementing new controls and procedures as required
- Liaising with auditors
- Day to day management of the finance teams based, including performance reviews and objectives
- Manage a team of 20 with several direct reports.
- Ad hoc project work as required by the Finance Director
- Provide day to day support and guidance to teams
- Provide training and guidance on financial changes to ensure staff are aware of how this impact on the way they work.
Our client can offer;
- ACA/ACCA Qualified Accountant or Qualified By Experience
- Previous experience of sales invoicing, credit control, accounts payable and payroll
- Previous experience of managing a large team
- Strong familiarity with MS Excel, including familiarity with pivot tables, lookups, etc.
- Experience with financial systems and identifying and implementing improvements
- Experience of managing change both within Finance and the wider business would be useful
- Previous experience of SAP B1 is desirable
- Previous experience of dealing with the integration of acquisitions is desirable
- Ability to travel to Head Office and other sites within the UK when needed.
- Competitive salary, based on individual experience
- Family feel culture
- Strong team environment
- Working hours are Monday Friday, 9am-5pm, with some flexibility, with hybrid working
- 25 days + 8 BH
- Initial 12 month contract, with a review for a permanent position at the end
Fore more information please contact the office and speak to either Amy or Sara for a confidential chat.