US FIC Team Lead Job Code:1222630
Skill Category:ITTechnology Location:
Americas Client Job Ref: Job Type:Permanent
Post Start Date:15 Sep 2022
Post End Date: Job Summary:The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $145,000 and $200,000/year* Company overview
Nomura is a global financial services group with an integrated network spanning over 30 countries and regions. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking), and Investment Management. Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit .
Aon's Benefit Index , Nomura's benefits rank#1
amongst our competitors Department & role overview:
The Global Markets Technology team is a focussed and user oriented development team operating in markets across all regions. Within that space, the FIC Markets team develops the core markets capability supporting the global trading platforms and intraday/eod risk management systems for all of the Fixed Income and Currency desks and official Books and Records and Risk Management systems. The candidate will work in a very collaborative and expanding global team of 9 (across London/Tokyo/Mumbai/Singapore) to deliver strategic change, enhancements, as well as support and maintain this critical system. The team is front office focussed but has stakeholders in Finance, Risk, Operations, Regulatory ,etc and due to the core nature of the system, is often central to large firm-wide initiatives.
This is a technical lead role, providing technical/architectural/design support to more junior team members globally, but will also require facing off to the local US business to field requests, gather requirements, or solve production issues. The US team will work closely and collaboratively alongside partner teams to support the local US business but also contribute to the global team's Book of Work. The role will suit a candidate with solid inter-personal skills, delivery focus, and experience in building large-scale technically robust solutions. Key responsibilities will include:
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required:
- Part of global team developing and supporting the market data systems for Fixed Income and Currencies pricing and risk systems, as well as producing markets for official EOD valuations feeding downstream books and records and risk systems.
- Work in a global team spanning London, New York, Tokyo, Mumbai, and Singapore, with a mix of Python, Java, C#, Excel VBA. Locally work in a team of developers supporting the US business, as well as globally on the strategic Book of Work.
- Working on multiple areas of the Market Data platform, including Python libraries, Java microservices, Excel UI, Internal/Exterrnal Market Data publication and feeds, Intraday/end-of-day market capture, IPV, Resets process.
- Work in a growing team at the beginning of a large strategic initiative to transform and modernise all Intraday/EOD processes.
- Face-off to senior stakeholders, partners, and end-uses to understand requirements, solve problems, and design solutions.
- Collaborate across a global technology team as well as across functions to implement practical solutions and run or contribute to tactical and strategic programmes.
- Individually contribute to Analysis/Design/Development/Project management/Support
- Working across a variety of teams to deliver high quality solutions, and to encourage continuous improvement and collaboration.
- Provide second-line support to the business for both system and business problems.
- Required: Exposure to financial markets; Trading and risk management systems, Strong problem solver, Python
- Desirable: Java, Excel/VBA, Docker, SQL, C#
- Desirable: Exposure to market risk concepts; Market data platforms and providers, Market data concepts; (Curves, Vols, Resets, etc.)
- High level of attention to detail, a positive 'can-do' attitude and a strong focus on producing work of the highest standard are essential.
- Excellent communication skills (candidate will be interacting with diverse functions and levels globally).
- Development tools (JIRA, Git, Jenkins, Ansible, etc.).
- Willingness to contribute to the RTB support of our end users and processes in a dynamic and time critical environment.
*base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, corporate and functional title and duties, job-related knowledge and advanced degrees, skills, and experience.
If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors".
Nomura is an Equal Opportunity Employer