Chief Financial Officer (CFO) ‘Be part of an innovative forward-thinking company’ Who We Are:
Traka is the original manufacturer of one of the world's first electronic key management systems established 1994 - we are now the global leader in innovative technology for sophisticated, intelligent key management systems and locker solutions. We operate in a wide variety of channel markets such as Government, Transport, Fleet, Healthcare, Distribution Centres, and Data Centres.
Traka became part of ASSA ABLOY in April 2012, who are a more than 9 billion Euro organisation and the global leader in access solutions. Every day we help people feel safe, secure and experience a more open world. ASSA ABLOY products can be seen and used everywhere you go in your daily life from brands such as Yale, Chubb and HID.
With its continued rapid growth, in January 2019 Traka became part of the Global Solutions division, where it is the leading brand within the Key and Asset Management business area. ASSA ABLOY allows us to grow further globally, and leverage group developments such as RFID and Cloud technologies.
We are always looking for diverse, talented, energetic people with integrity and the desire to succeed. We are an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and benefits in a team environment where you can freely speak across teams and departments to seek help and guidance.
Working for Traka means that you will be part of an agile environment, with innovative solutions to improve our customers' lives.Your Opportunity:
The CFO holds primary responsibility for managing the planning, implementation, developing and running of all the financial activities and processes of the business area (Key and Asset Management) and ensuring the stability of a company's finances. To lead the finance team and assess financial markets and identify solutions to any issues that may arise, all while preparing reports for management on the company’s financial status to make important decisions about future investments or budgets accordingly.
In support of our 5-year growth strategy you will be the finance lead for all Mergers and Acquisitions and will oversee due diligence, financial planning, scoping, negotiations, closing, integration, plan and implement a negotiation strategy and leads the negotiations with stakeholders.
The CFO role is UK-based (hybrid) and will report direct to the Senior Vice President (SVP) and Head of the BA Key & Account Management, with a dotted line report to the Division CFO. It will be your mission to:
Who You Are: Personality Characteristics:
- Managing the processes for financial forecasting and budgets, and overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss by operation company, forecast vs. budget by division and periodical cash flow.
- Manage financial related negotiations according to the Group and Divisional guidelines and in compliance with (inter)national legislation
- Review and analyse monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Provide financial advice on long-term business planning.
- Develop and monitor financial and tax plans / strategies
- Performing risk management by analysing liabilities and investments.
- Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches and/or new service offerings.
- Deciding on investment strategies by considering cash and liquidity risks
- Establishing and developing relations with senior management, external partners and stakeholders and manage vendor relationships.
- Proactively drive investment strategies, including Merger & Acquisitions (identifying, financial analysis, due diligence, negotiation and integration post-acquisition) in line with the business strategic action plans.
- Forecasting human resources and capital expenditure requirements
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization.
- Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plan of organization.
- Identify systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information.
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
- Select and engage consultants, auditors and investors.
- Recruit, interview and hire finance, accounting and payroll staff as required.
- Review and develop all formal finance procedures, structures and reporting lines.
- Providing leadership, direction and management to the finance and accounting teams of the operating companies within the business area
- Providing strategic recommendations to the SVP and members of the Executive management team. Be key member of the Executive management team.
- Key responsibility in this role is to oversee and coordinate financial plans, policies and accounting practices to all of it business areas.
- Play an important and active part in implementing strategies and ways of working across the segment.
- Manage the monthly business review and quarterly board meeting financial reviews and lead the financial forecasting and budgeting process.
- Manage and develop financial team (direct & indirect reports) at Regional and Business unit level.
- Seamless financial and business flow, including driving ERP system utilization and optimization.
- Responsible for leading the compliance work for the business segment.
Skills that you should have:
- An experienced finance professional with an advanced understanding of our business, paired with the ability to build and deliver on long-term plans.
- Understands the advantages of clear structure and processes, as well as delegation and accountability.
- Has the capability and ambition to drive this development within the organization.
- As a finance professional the role requires qualities such as being result-oriented, analytical, independent and acting with integrity.
- Ability to prioritize workloads and tasks and deliver on time
- Education: University degree level in Finance
- Languages: English (mandatory), second language preferred.
- Computer skills: MS Office + ERP + CRM + BI / Dashboards
- Experience: +10 years of experience in managing a finance organization and cross organisational teams in an international business (B2B manufacturing environment).
We are looking for bright, motivated and passionate people to join our team.Benefits:
- Qualifications: ACA / ACCA / CIMA Qualified
We are the ASSA ABLOY Group
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Free day holiday for Christmas Eve
- Access to an online benefits portal
- Private healthcare
- Car allowance
- 2 x Annual salary life cover
- Company Pension scheme standard
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Access to Employee Care scheme
- 3 months full Maternity Pay / 2 weeks Paternity Pay
Our people have made us the global leader in access solutions. In return, we open doors for them wherever they go. With nearly 51,000 colleagues in more than 70 different countries, we help billions of people experience a more open world. Our innovations make all sorts of spaces – physical and virtual – safer, more secure, and easier to access.
As an employer, we value results – not titles, or backgrounds. We empower our people to build their career around their aspirations and our ambitions – supporting them with regular feedback, training, and development opportunities. Our colleagues think broadly about where they can make the most impact, and we encourage them to grow their role locally, regionally, or even internationally.
As we welcome new people on board, it’s important to us to have diverse, inclusive teams, and we value different perspectives and experiences.