Main purpose of the role:
The primary purpose of the role is to be responsible for the preparation and submission of regulatory returns of BGC, Cantor and GFI UK regulated entities.Key
Skills / experience required:
- Preparation and submission of monthly and quarterly regulatory returns to the FCA in a controlled and timely manner. This will include IFPR as well as other FCA regulatory returns
- Complete ownership of daily regulatory monitoring and reporting
- Liaising with other departments including Financial Control, Reg IT, Product Control, Operations, Front office etc. to follow up issues arising from daily and monthly reporting
- Liaising with legal entity controllers to ensure accurate and consistent reporting
- Drive regulatory automation project and other regulatory project initiatives
- Support Head of Regulatory Reporting on ad-hoc projects such as impact of new prudential rule and provision of MIS
- Monitoring and advising on any relevant regulatory updates
- Deputise in the absence of Head of Regulatory Reporting
- Preparation of annual reporting statements and reconciliations to statutory accounts
- Pillar 3 type reporting
- Support the ICARA process and provide key inputs
- Manage workload/priorities of junior team members
- Have a very good understanding of the various IFPR templates
- Deep understanding of MIFIDPRU rule book and familiarity with computing Own funds, K-factors and FOR
- Have a working knowledge in calculating capital requirements around market risk K-factor -K-NPR.
- Have a good working knowledge of derivatives and other financial instruments.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced Financial services organisation and take on responsibility and accountability for regulatory, accounting, governance and compliance related matters
- Be self-motivated and ambitious with the credibility and gravitas to build long term relationships with all relevant parties, both internally and externally
- Be capable of working effectively at an operational and strategic level
- Adaptable and flexible, with the ability to organise, prioritise, manage and deliver under tight or conflicting deadlines
- Prior experience with Oracle General Ledger, RegData and regulatory reporting system beneficial
- Stock MS Excel skills
- The ability to build and develop strong relationships with all vested stakeholders i.e. Finance, Front Office, Operations and other support areas;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Possess the ability to interact and address professionals at all levels within the organisation.
- Have strong organisational skills combined with innovative thinking and a desire to succeed;
- Be able to plan and prioritise workload to ensure timely delivery;
- Strong analytical and presentational skills;
- Can manage own workload and assist other team members during peak periods.
To all recruitment agencies
- A self-starter with a flexible approach and who has the ability to think in a strategic manner;
- Results-focused with a positive outlook and can-do approach;
- Must be hands on to ensure the job gets done whilst being able to utilise available resources in the most efficient and effective manner.
– BGC Partners & affiliates do not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias, employees or any other company location. BGC Partners & affiliates are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please contact the Recruitment function for additional details