PIB has an exciting opportunity within our growing finance team. This Accounts Payable opportunity will be based in our Retford office, joining a professional and supportive team where you can grow and build on the skills and experience gained so far in your career in finance.
This role is an onsite position, therefore commuting proximity to Retford is essential.
The main purpose of the role is to support the delivery of the Accounts Payable (AP) function through the following outlined tasks:
- Process supplier invoices in terms of coding, processing on the general ledger and assigning documentation
- Managing the AP in-inbox
- Monitor and improve the aged creditor position
- Production of supplier payment runs to agreed terms
- Acting as a first point of contact for enquiries via telephone or email, building and maintaining solid relationships with colleagues and suppliers
- Ad-hoc pieces of work to support the wider AP and Treasury teams within Finance
- Import for further development of the AP functions
- Positive, collaborative and enthusiastic approach to work.
- A Problem-solver with a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Minimum five GCSEs including Maths and English or equivalent level 2 qualifications. (AAT or similar qualification is desirable)
- A background in finance especially Accounts Payable.
- Good level of computer literacy Microsoft Excel and Outlook are essential.
- Ability to analyse and interpret financial information.
- Excellent spreadsheet skills formulas and tables.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Able to prioritise workload and meet deadlines.
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Acting as a first point of contact for enquiries via telephone or email, building and maintaining solid relationships with colleagues and suppliers.
- Ad-hoc pieces of work to support the wider AP and Treasury teams within Finance.
- Import for further development of the AP functions.
As well as a competitive salary we offer the following benefits -
- Competitive holiday allowance with the annual option to buy additional days
- Death in Service benefit of x4 salary
- Company pension scheme
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave packages
- A flexible benefits package which allows you to add additional benefits to your overall package
- Our benefits portal offers discounts on technology & electronics, cinemas, restaurants, days out, mortgage advice, travel and many more
- Referral schemes
- Discounted rates on PIB products
We offer a first-class employee benefits and welfare package to support our employees with financial management, cycle to work scheme, counselling support, health screening, will writing, menopause support, books, stopping smoking and much more
If supporting the local community, engaging with charities and having the opportunity to give something back interests you, you have the opportunity to take an extra day to support this with a Volunteering day.
We also offer a wide range of discounts including a kids pass giving you discount to over 4500 attractions and activities, discounts at hairdressers and beauticians, climate change projects with lots of other options to choose.
PIB has a comprehensive learning & development framework, including professional study options and apprenticeships which are available to all employees, and which will support your career development
Being a part of our PIB Community Trust, we support fundraising where you can apply for grants from PIB Group towards your chosen charity.
PIB Group are committed to improving their environmental impact in a responsible way. From the individual actions that our colleagues take every day through to installing the right facilities across our premises, there are many measures in place to help reduce PIBs carbon footprint.
We are proud of our success and growth and have been recognised for many industry awards across our business. If you wish to work for a company that truly puts people at the heart of their organisation, then we would love to hear from you. PIB operates a flexible working policy, and our management teams will talk to you about how that would meet both your flexible working needs and those of the business and role you are applying for. We would love to hear from you if you want to hear more about opportunities in PIB.
We are an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.