The Global Forecasting Manager is responsible for the development of a robust, unbiased and comprehensive Statistical Sales Forecast across Business Units and Regions. The Statistical Forecast is based on Sales History and is the baseline for Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) discussions. The Statistical Forecast it is of paramount importance for the Hilti S&OP process.
The Global Forecasting Manager partners with business stakeholders across the globe, to understand business problems and processes, identifies potential solutions, and defines business requirements to improve the statistical forecast process. As new processes are developed, you will develop plans that will be implemented in Hiltis 10 Regions and then monitor progress and lead results.
As this role operates within the global Sales Planning team, you will also have the opportunity to develop leadership capability and perform on a Global platform.WHO IS HILTI?
Hilti is where innovation is improving productivity, safety and sustainability in the global construction industry, and beyond. Where strong customer relationships are creating solutions that build a better future. Where there is pride and a sense of belonging across our 120 locations, carrying right into our lives and homes. Where people are exploring possibilities, leveraging their potential, owning their personal development and growing lasting careers.WHAT DOES THE ROLE INVOLVE?
As the Global Forecasting Manager, some of your key tasks will include:
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Contributing to strategic global and regional projects that use Sales Forecasting as a lever to unlock further benefits and improvements in accuracy, bias, working capital, customer service and data accuracy
- Lead, coach and train, stakeholders, planners in the markets and junior team members
- Analysing sales trends and identify the key drivers of sales of key products and product groups
- Ensuring trends in Statistical Forecast are in line both with actual growth and with Market Organization projections
- Reviewing past forecasting performance, monitor and report statistical forecast quality and identify major forecast variances
- Collaborating with Hilti Supply Chain Organisation, Market Organisation, Global Process Management, Central Planning and Global IT
We really value our people and we've worked hard to develop a reward package that reflects this. Some of our benefits include:
- Genuine career advancement (more than 80% of all leadership roles are filled internally)
- Competitive salary and above-average performance bonus
- 6% employer pension contributions
- Private Health Insurance and Employee Assistance Programme
- 33 days' holiday (inc. Bank Holidays) plus the ability to purchase 5 days more annually
- Paid leave to work on charitable projects
- Hilti Benefits Box, a reward platform offering a cycle to work scheme and shopping and lifestyle discounts/cashback
- Hybrid working pattern
We have recently moved to ournew premises at Circle Square in Central Manchester, we arelocated a short walk from Oxford Rd train station and St Peter's Square tram stop. We offer a hybrid working pattern between the office and home and different ways to work flexibly so please feel free to talk about what flexibility means to you at your interview.WHAT YOU NEED IS:
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
- Relevant operational experience in Demand Planning and Forecasting, Logistics, Supply Planning, gained in a corporate environment
- Leadership experience (line & project) and track record in implementing new processes and systems in a complex environment
- Experience and know how in Statistical Demand Forecasting techniques and related analytics
- Ability to analyse sizeable data sets, decide and apply appropriate forecasting technique
- Excellent knowhow in data analysis and reporting, comfortable to work with big data and large databases
- Prepare reports and data that will be used in the forecast review process part of the Sales and Operations Planning process
- Strong networking, planning and organisational skills with a demonstrated capability to manage complex projects with short timelines
- Operational experience with SAP/APO DP and good knowledge of supply chain forecasting software systems and processes
- Power Query, SQL, Power BI and/or other data analysis environment skills
- APICS/ASCP CPIM or CSCP or IBF CPF certification is desirable
This is a really exciting time to be part of the Hilti journey. We have a number of fantastic projects and initiatives launching across 2022
Click through the 'Apply Now' button where you will be asked to upload your CV and answer a couple of short questions the whole process should take around 90 seconds.