Plastic Recycling, Waste Management, Commodities, Distribution
Based in Midlands
Job ref: JE/57996
Commensurate with Experience
Our client is passionate about transforming plastic waste into a valuable commodity. They have developed a worldwide presence, serving hundreds of customers in over 20 countries covering polymers such as ABS, HDPE, LDPE, MDPE, PET, PP, PS and PVC. The mission of the role is to lead a growing financial function within the UK and Ireland’s largest recycled plastic commodities company.
• Working closely with both the commercial and finance teams, responding to day-to-day queries to make commercially and financially sound decisions to support the growth and profitability of the business
• Demonstrable experience of understanding the key financial and non-financial drivers behind a commodity trading business, with the ability to balance competing priorities and challenge the commercial and financial teams in their decision making and trading activities
• Support UK and Global Leadership teams, providing constructive financial advice to aid strategy planning for new investment and business opportunities
• Full oversight of multi-currency working capital requirements in a growth environment, ensuring finance teams are managing cashflow efficiently and smoothly and assisting in the forecasting of future business cash needs to guide the direction of exploration of new markets
• Working closely with funders to negotiate facilities and manage short to medium term cashflow and capital requirements, as well as using your established network to explore new funding relationships to support the future growth plans for the business
• Working with the Finance Business Partner and Management Accountants in reviewing and preparing detailed budgets for each area of the business, forecasting future financial needs as well as providing regular analysis on financial budget vs actual variances
• Establish credibility in the business by being a visible, trusted business partner and Leader of Finance, fostering a culture closely aligned with our Values and leading by example
• Manage, lead, and mentor all UK finance staff, enhancing their commercial awareness and ensuring their performance is monitored, staff retention goals are met and guiding their future career development
• Deliver operational excellence across the finance function, with a focus on strong financial controls and driving a culture of root cause analysis and ongoing continual improvement in controls and processes, as well as leading the implementation of those improvements
• Focused on ensuring financial regulation compliance and managing filing, audit and tax deadlines
• Drive further ERP development and implementation of new functionalities, particularly in the area of financial and commercial reporting and budget vs actual analysis
• The ideal candidate will be experienced in leading a growing finance function, overseeing all aspects of commercial finance and driving performance whilst maintaining a firm grasp of financial operations and compliance.
• They will thrive in a fast-moving environment that involves managing changing global market conditions, reacting quickly to make commercially and financially sound decisions to support the ongoing profitability of the business.
• They will provide expert financial guidance to support leadership strategy and future growth of our business as well as managing the finance team in making continual improvements to controls and processes to maximise the efficiency and output of our overall financial capabilities.
• They will be a dynamic leader within the business and drive a culture aligned with our Values in everything they do.
• To best support us, the ideal candidate will be a fully professionally qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) who has proven commercial experience working within and leading the finance department of a global business.
• 5-10 years’ experience in a commercial / business environment as a leader of a finance function
• Therefore, this role is suited to an ambitious individual who is excited to help drive the development of the company to enable us to build the world’s largest recycled plastic commodities company.
• Technical knowledge of current UK GAAP and IFRS and UK VAT/taxation knowledge a bonus
• Experience and understanding of intra country trading and transfer pricing
• Excellent level of IT competency including advanced MS Office skills particularly Excel, established experience in using a sophisticated ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics desirable)
• Understanding of data privacy requirements
Listgrove is more than a global recruitment partner to its clients in the plastics, packaging, recycling and chemical industries. For over 45 years, we have supported companies with professional advice and successful HR solutions. All assignments are tailored to the client's needs and delivered by expert consultants.
Why select Listgrove?
• Established in 1975
• Recruited in 68 countries
• Recognised International brand
• Exhibited around the world; in Russia, China, India, USA, Middle East, North Africa and extensively throughout Europe
• Global network of candidates and talent data
• Search projects completed across all functions and at all levels of seniority
• Access to a network of offices across the world
For more information and access to a range of testimonials, please visit our website
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union. Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: (phone number removed)