Role OverviewPayroll Advisor Permanent Mixture of office & home working - LiverpoolExcellent Salary + Great Benefits
Here at Yodel, we deliver more than just parcels we deliver a great experience when it comes to your career too! We are looking to hire a Payroll Advisor to come and join a friendly and supportive People Services Team on a Permanent basis at our Head office in Liverpool.
The role of the Payroll Advisor will be to understand the payroll processing of earnings relating to terms and conditions of the colleagues to support in advising the Yodel business. You will also have good knowledge of all payroll legislation and processing.What you'll be doing
The successful Payroll Advisor will be accountable for providing excellent customer service within the department and leading as a role model when providing excellent customer service. You will go above and beyond to ensure that colleagues are paid accurately and on time. In addition to these duties, you will be responsible for the following:
What you need to show us
- Providing advice and guidance on payslip issues and queries, including the liaison with the payroll provider.
- Providing advice and guidance on tax related issues and queries including the liaison with the managed payroll service and the HMRC.
- Ensure that all new starters are automatically enrolled into the correct pension scheme at the correct time to ensure compliance and liaise with the pension providers.
- To distribute and all legislative documentation to the managed payroll service including those from the Child Support Agency and Court Orders to ensure the timeliness of the processing and validating the outcome on the payslip.
- To ensure that all 3rd Party Payments are reconciled and paid within the allocated timeframes to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the payments.
- To ensure that vouchers, e.g. childcare are reconciled and paid within the allocated timeframes to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the payments.
- Liaise with staff & 3rd party companies through our cycle to work scheme, checking criteria is adequate for approval/non-approval of applications.
- Processing of company sick pay on a month by month basis
- Processing of company average pay on a month by month basis
- To understand the RTI process to ensure the reconciliation of payments and timeliness of file transfer, liaising with the managed payroll service.
- Manage and maintain the processing of hours & absences for TUPE'd staff.
- Provide wage information for DWF
- Running weekly variance files
- Running eligibility report to support the transfer of information
You will need to possess the following skills/experience to be successful for this role:
Why work with us
- You must understand the sickness, maternity, adoption and paternity (absence) terms and conditions to support the provision of manual calculations and the accuracy of the payment. You must also be able to provide advice and guidance on these terms
- A good blend of people skills
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Certificate in Payroll Practice (CIPP) - Desirable
- Previous experience of working a payroll environment.
- In house payroll experience - Desirable
If you are ambitious, self-motivated, thrive on challenges and enjoy working together as part of a team, we want you to be part of the Yodel story. The successful candidate will receive the following great benefits:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Hybrid working mixture of office working from home
- Business casual dress code
- Free personal & professional development courses
- Pension Scheme
- Discounted city centre parking
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- Up to 25% off the various food & drink outlets in the Albert Dock
- Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24-hour employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership
- EE Mobile/Tablet Discount