R2R Accounts Specialist / Manchester / £28000 - £32000 / Permanent / Study Support / Hybrid / Planned Progression / Up to 35 days Holidays
An FTSE 250 Global Service Company is looking to recruit a skilled R2R Accounts Specialist on a permanent basis for their recently refurbished office in Manchester. Continuous growth, resulting in having the best two years in its fifty-year financial history and recent internal promotions has led to this role being recruited. The purpose of the role will be supporting the finance teams and wider business in maintaining a strong controls environment through periodic review of controls, process reviews and process improvement recommendations. This is a great opportunity to develop your finance career within a company that offers progression paths and an award-winning culture.
Reporting into the Finance Manager, the tasks will include:
- Perform periodic review and testing of controls operated across the business, identifying controls gaps and process improvement opportunities.
- Deliver testing of controls for other key areas as required
- Prepare and report outcomes of testing to the Finance Leadership Team
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations including full investigations of any variances and improving internal controls & processes.
- Update the controls testing framework documentation, process flow charts and the Risk and Control Framework
- Maintain GL chart of accounts and trial balance.
- Support the completion of the end-to-end process reviews and identifying significant financial risks and associated control activities.
- Support with controls queries, improvement requests, remediation of control gaps, internal audit findings and external audit’s management letter points
The ideal candidate with have experience of being in a similar role within a large fast paced organisation, good understanding of financial controls / processes, have strong business partnering skills and is confident with excel.
If interested in the role, then please contact Mark Caunce on or
We are committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome all applicants of identity, personal characteristics, or background.