Our client, a specialist UK financial services group focusing on of the UK retirement income market are looking for Senior Internal Auditors to join their expanding team.
The Senior Internal Auditor will have responsibility for the auditing of business goals and strategic objectives, for assessing the impact of a variety of economic, financial and management decisions, the appropriateness of the business’s control framework and ensuring appropriate controls are in place to aid the business in meeting its objectives.Job Role Accountabilities
The individual is responsible for:
Examples of Key Activities
- Delivering a significant portion of the overall Group Internal Audit Plan, ensuring the quality and timeliness meets functional expectations.
- Develop value-adding internal and external relationships.
- Proactively supporting the business in the development of its control framework to maximise its effectiveness in a cost-efficient way.
- Establishing an effective business partnering relationship with areas of the business as defined by the Director of Group Internal Audit.
- Making a significant contribution to embedding Internal Audit principles within the business.
- Delivery of end-to-end audits to time and quality. This covers:
- Planning – identifying key risks and controls and designing an effective test program
- Fieldwork – execution of the test programme
- Reporting – verbally reporting findings to key stakeholders and producing accurate and concise reports
- Follow Up – Supporting the business in delivering all recommendations to the agreed quality and within the deadline.
- Proactively identifying areas where risk is outside of the business risk appetite levels and make value-adding recommendations to Management to address weaknesses.
- Accurately and effectively ascertaining the reliability of information systems, processes, and controls assessed (input, processing, and output) and ensuring that all assessed comply with relevant regulations, accounting principles, and established company policies and procedures.
- Through effective business partnering supports the 1st and 2nd lines in developing effective and efficient control environments.
- Further engagement and development of the business in relation to Group Internal Audit and its strategy. This job holder will make a significant contribution to embedding Internal Audit principles within the business.
- Using knowledge and experience to support the development of new and innovative audit methodology and processes to improve the efficiency of the Group Internal Audit function’s working practices and ensure it continues to meet good practices against IIA standards.
- Delivering ad-hoc tasks as assigned by the Senior Audit Manager in delivering the core objectives of the function.
Relevant professional qualification e.g. PIIA, MIIA, ACA, ACCA, IFoA, CISA.
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of the financial services regulatory environment.
- Proven ability to independently deliver accurate and concise work to tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to develop a business to become more control aware and self-managing.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively, including the ability to undertake workshops with Senior Management in order to educate and embed Internal Audit strategies further within the business.
- Proven ability to establish, maintain and manage effective working relationships with staff at all levels of the business, whilst continuing to maintain independence and objectivity.
- Innovative with exceptional analytical skills.
- Ambitious and motivated with an ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- High-level of IT literacy.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Experience with risk-based internal audit life cycle and procedures, and an understanding of the IIA’s International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF).
- Experience in gathering, analysing, and evaluating information to produce concise oral and written findings.
- Track record of post-qualified internal audit experience.
- Auditing within a financial services environment.
- Specific IT or Actuarial Audit experience would be desirable.